Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
LynneWhite
LynneWhite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Epub to Mobi - missing chapters "Demo Verison Limitations"

Hi All,

I new at this. I bought converted a epub ebook into Mobi for my Kindle just fine. But when I started reading the book on my kindle, after chapter three I get a blank page that says "Demo Verison Limitation" on the top. After pressing "Next Page" two times it jumps straight to chapter 6.

The book isnt a demo/sample. I bought from borders and removed the DRM.

PLEASE HELP!!
LynneWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
joegearhart
joegearhart began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Any chance that whatever software you used to remove the DRM only does the first few pages then gives you the Demo Version Limitation page?
joegearhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 04:15 AM   #3
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
Take a look at the source. Are the missing chapters in the original Epub (with DRM)? Are they in the DRM free Epub version?

If they are not in the original version, tell Borders.

If the chapters are in the original and the DRM free version, let us know and we try to find out what is happening.

Last edited by Sunlite; 12-31-2010 at 04:17 AM. Reason: One should read the question befor answering.
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:52 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynneWhite View Post
The book isnt a demo/sample. I bought from borders and removed the DRM.
Did you download a sample from Borders first? Could this be the sample you converted? Check the file you bought and see if you have the complete book.

We're always happy to help, but for the record this is a Calibre forum and this question has absolutely nothing to do with calibre.

I hope you figure out this mystery.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote