Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 04-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
Darkmatter
Darkmatter began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S 2 I9100
Calibre on Android

hey there.
First things First - I´m using calibre on my windows machine for some time now and it has yet to disappoint me - good work guys.

i have recently started to read ebooks on my mobile phone - (an galaxy S with android 2.3.6 stock rom) I´m currently using FBReader but the catch it that it doesnt support as nearly as much Formats as Calibre does - i know that the possibilities of mobile apps are somewhat löimited, but since you´ve done a good job on the large software, i thought i´d ask for a hint for the mobile software. it would be nice if whatever software you propose would be able to read Epub as well as Lit files (some things in my library are somewhat dusty...) and would be able to remember where i´ve last been in a book.

normally i wouldnt ask, but there so damn much trash floating around for mobile phones that asking for a hint seems like a good idea.

Thx very much.

p.s.: dont hesitate to ask if my english sucks - i´ll think of something to make myself understood.
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
For me one of the main uses of calibre is to convert to epub, from other formats, so I can read the books on my device. When I add books to calibre, that are not in epub or pdf format, I convert to epub. So I only have to have a reader app that handles epub and PDF. Mantano in my case.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2013, 06:31 AM   #3
Darkmatter

You´re right - but these old lit files can be quite the hassle to convert.
Dont know why but they tend to end up screwed and barely readable after conversion.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #4
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
When you read lit files in calibre, you are actually reading epubs. Calibre converts the lit files on the fly to epub, and displays them. It's the same for all(?) other formats that the calibre reader can display. Easier to convert and display than it is to display natively. And the code to convert is already there...
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
You´re right - but these old lit files can be quite the hassle to convert.
Dont know why but they tend to end up screwed and barely readable after conversion.
Did you mess with the default LIT input conversion settings?
IMHO LIT is one of the cleaner formats to start with.
By cleaner, I mean what I saw as the EPUB was very close to what I saw in MS Reader.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #6
Darkmatter

didnt know calibre was doing that all along - anyway - thx for the advice.

Tags
android, calibre, epub, lit