Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
Colerson
Nameless Being

Overly "bold" text in places

This concerns the Nook STR with firmware 1.1.0.

Periodically, I see some parts of the text (usually between one word and two lines of text) rendered as thicker than they should be: not overtly bold, but more like a typewriter that has gone over the same word twice.

This clears up on a full refresh, so I can fix it by pressing the "n" button twice, but it is very distracting while reading. Has anybody run into this issue? Is it perhaps related to the ghosting problems, which also go away on refresh?

Exception to the above: the bottom two or three lines are frequently thicker, as described above, but these do not get fixed on refresh.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colerson View Post
This concerns the Nook STR with firmware 1.1.0.

Periodically, I see some parts of the text (usually between one word and two lines of text) rendered as thicker than they should be: not overtly bold, but more like a typewriter that has gone over the same word twice.

This clears up on a full refresh, so I can fix it by pressing the "n" button twice, but it is very distracting while reading. Has anybody run into this issue? Is it perhaps related to the ghosting problems, which also go away on refresh?

Exception to the above: the bottom two or three lines are frequently thicker, as described above, but these do not get fixed on refresh.
Please see this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=ghosting

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
Colerson
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
The issues in that thread were ghosting and "fading" or "fuzzy" text; the fuzzy text in the posted screenshots differs from what I'm seeing. My guess is that it is a related problem (as I noted), but I wanted to know if I'm seeing something else entirely; especially the bolding that is not fixed by a screen refresh.

If I have time in the near future I'm going to check a display model at B&N.