Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
hausfrowe505
hausfrowe505 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Smile Hi from Sunny (?) California

New PRS-505 fan here. Never thought I'd want one, but I've been reading on it non-stop since my amazing hubby gave it to me for Christmas!

After working perfectly for two week, now it's giving me problems. Menu key is stuck...zoom doesn't work anymore...and the Mark key also doesn't work. I haven't dropped it or got it wet or done anything wrong. So I can start a book and keep reading to the end and then must do a reset to go back to the menu. Grrrrrrrrr. I've tried to hard reset, which doesn't work because (ta-da!!!! the menu key doesn't work!) I'll start reading the posts about Troubleshooting, but a cursory glance didn't magically reveal a similar problem to me.

Anyway... still a fan!
hausfrowe505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hi, Hausfrowe, and welcome to Mobileread. I'm sure someone with a sony will chime in soon and help solve your problem, or point you to a solution.
Have you checked out all the wonderful books uploaded here?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:58 AM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hausfrowe505 View Post
New PRS-505 fan here. Never thought I'd want one, but I've been reading on it non-stop since my amazing hubby gave it to me for Christmas!

After working perfectly for two week, now it's giving me problems. Menu key is stuck...zoom doesn't work anymore...and the Mark key also doesn't work. I haven't dropped it or got it wet or done anything wrong. So I can start a book and keep reading to the end and then must do a reset to go back to the menu. Grrrrrrrrr. I've tried to hard reset, which doesn't work because (ta-da!!!! the menu key doesn't work!) I'll start reading the posts about Troubleshooting, but a cursory glance didn't magically reveal a similar problem to me.

Anyway... still a fan!
Welcome to MobileRead. BTW there are some excellent books on this site (books in public domain) to help feed your addiction.

As for the SONY, if you still have your warranty I'd take it in. The sony is a solid product, I've dropped mine 4 times and kicked across the pavement shortly after dropping it ( I was trying to catch it ). Anyhow the point is you should not be having any problems from casual reading, you should have your hardware fix.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi hausfrowe505 and welcome to the Forum. Have you called Sony Support regarding the problem with your 505?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Welcome to the forum! I agree with the above, get it replaced if its still under warranty (which it should)
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #6
hausfrowe505
hausfrowe505 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Everybody's happy now...!

Thanks to all who replied! I contacted Sony and sent my reader in. I got a "new" reader within a week. My only regret is that I sent in my "personalized" cover and won't get that back, but it's a small price to pay, I guess!

Anyway - excellent service and now I'm headed to see the books that are available on the site!

See you around!

Christine
hausfrowe505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #7
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
I agree. Definitely use the warranty and get a different one. My Sony has worked fine for 6 months. You must have a dud. It happens, so get a replacement.

Happy reading.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote