Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #2371
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool er...huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Just bought the first Mercy Thompson book - ebook edition, and added the preorder for the paperback edition of Ever After to my cart.
Let me get this straight. You bought an ebook version of Moon Called and a paperback of Frost Burned, right!? What about Blood Bound, Iron Kissed, Bone Crossed, Silver Borne and River Marked? I hope you're not going to skip them!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Maybe I'll try the Patricia Briggs ones.
I'm already a big fan of Kim Harrison! I'm all up to date on the Hollows already.
Thanks for the tip.
You're welcome, as always!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #2372
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Wait..Huh??

I bought Mercy Thompson #1 - in ebook, and added the preorder of The Hollows #11 in paperback format to my cart, although I just realized that I may need to purchase The Hollows #10 in paperback as well. I'll have to double check.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #2373
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool duh...

Quote:
Wait..Huh??

I bought Mercy Thompson #1 - in ebook, and added the preorder of The Hollows #11 in paperback format to my cart, although I just realized that I may need to purchase The Hollows #10 in paperback as well. I'll have to double check.
Color me stupid!

Old 09-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #2374
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Color me stupid!

No, not stupid.

And I already have book #10. I bought it last summer. Thank you Amazon!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #2375
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool How about...?

Quote:
No, not stupid.

And I already have book #10. I bought it last summer. Thank you Amazon!
How about 'color me embarassed' then?

I just bought the paperback of Joyland (couldn't find an ebook ) because I just couldn't get into Magic Rises after reading 25% of it!

Old 09-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #2376
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Just hammered through Chosen last night. Wow. That was a gooder!
I need another fix! Lea, when's Skin Game coming out???
I'm gonna have to resort to sparkly vamps or something to get my paranormal fix soon!!!!
*Shaking* No, I haven't hit that particular level of addiction yet.

Exactly 90 DAYS LEFT UNTIL SKIN GAME!!!
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #2377
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Exactly...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
Exactly 90 DAYS LEFT UNTIL SKIN GAME!!!
I keep hearing Jim Butcher saying (in recent stuff I've posted here) when exactly Skin Game will be released with a lot of uncertainty as to its actual exactness!

Last edited by alansplace; 09-04-2013 at 01:16 PM. Reason: oops...
Old 09-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #2378
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Skin Game

Quoted from jim-butcher.com
Quote:
Skin Game (#15)

The fifteenth book in the Dresden Files series will be called Skin Game. We don’t have a release date for it yet, but we’ll let you know when there’s anything to report!
The countdown info being used is from unsubstantiated sources (guesses?)!

Last edited by alansplace; 09-04-2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: oops...
Old 09-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #2379
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
They cannot make us wait ...we need the new book...I can already feel the withdrawal symptoms getting stronger.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #2380
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:

Yes, we're all just guessing at the date here . I'm still hoping that we're right though and will continue with the countdown until I am proven wrong or until December 3rd (whichever comes first )
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #2381
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Snippit (from Joyland)

Quote:
...I just bought the paperback of Joyland (couldn't find an ebook ) because I just couldn't get into Magic Rises after reading 25% of it!
Quote:
.....The themes, celebrity-studded seating charts, and Albanian artwork were gone. So were the chairs, the sofa, and the standing ashtrays. And yet someone remembered. Scotch-taped to the underside of the stairs, where there had once been a sign proclaiming that the smoking lamp was always lit, I saw a sheet of paper with a single typed line in print so small I had to lean close and stand on tiptoe in order to read it:

Professor Nako now teaches at the Hogwarts Sohool of Witchcraft and Wizardry

.....Well, why not?
Old 09-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #2382
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:

I got the date from FictFact
Old 09-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #2383
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool oops...

Quote:
I got the date from FictFact
I sure hope that you understand that I wasn't at all attempting to denigrate you as the source of that information?

Color me embarrased...again!

Old 09-05-2013, 12:49 AM   #2384
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
Yes, we're all just guessing at the date here . I'm still hoping that we're right though and will continue with the countdown until I am proven wrong or until December 3rd (whichever comes first )

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-10-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #2385
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
I sure hope that you understand that I wasn't at all attempting to denigrate you as the source of that information?

Color me embarrased...again!

If I remember correctly, I was the one that initially offered the date (via FictFact), so I wanted to clear things up. I'm not that delicate.. just trying to help.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy