Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
tzunder
tzunder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
#links in epub

Sorry if it has been asked before but I googled it and didn't find a good answer.

In basic html you can link inside a document using the name attribute:

Quote:
Code:
Example

A named anchor inside an HTML document:
<a name="tips">Useful Tips Section</a>

Create a link to the "Useful Tips Section" inside the same document:
<a href="#tips">Visit the Useful Tips Section</a>

Or, create a link to the "Useful Tips Section" from another page:
<a href="http://www.w3schools.com/html_links.htm#tips">
Visit the Useful Tips Section</a>
Does this work in epubs and do ereaders support it?
tzunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Yes, but you have to use "id" instead of "name", because ePUB uses XHTML strict. And you can add the "id" to any element (a <p>, a <div>, an <h2>, a <span>...)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
I think its also better to add the current filename if it's jumping to somewhere in the current document, because some viewer/readers cant follow the link without it.

I 'm not sure but I think there was a bug in Sigil when if it splits a file, the link didn't get correctly updated unless it also had the filename.
(Not sure if it was a Sigil bug, or if it was, if it's been fixed)
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
I 'm not sure but I think there was a bug in Sigil when if it splits a file, the link didn't get correctly updated unless it also had the filename.
(Not sure if it was a Sigil bug, or if it was, if it's been fixed)
I don't remember this bug (and I usually remember bugs). It was either reported and fixed a long time ago, or never reported at all. Try to make a test case and then report it if you succeed.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
I'm probably mistaken, and mis-remembering another problem with links.

It may have been from this topic
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89755
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:12 PM   #6
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
FYI,

In my experience, recent versions of Sigil correctly preserve links, even without full filenames, when files are split.

That is, if a file contains an internal link, and the file is later split into two or more files such that the links are split across files, the proper filenames are added to the links.

Last edited by st_albert; 02-13-2011 at 07:17 PM.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
attribute, epub, html, sigil