Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-28-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
wang960
wang960 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
only the table of contents

Hi,

I keep my sony prs 505 in suspend mode for several weeks, when i started to use it again, got the warning "low battery", despite that I still can read. later I charged it for one or two hours, I can see 'charging' on the screen, then I closed the book even before it was fully charged. today when I open it, the screen has the main menu on, but not responsive, even I press the 'reset' button, during charging, i can the see the red light on, but nothing in the screen except the main menu, btw, the battery indicator displays no bar. any idea how to restart this? thanks.

wang
wang960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Charge it until the light goes off and try again.
BTW, do you toggle power switch after pressing reset?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2008, 03:32 AM   #3
wang960
wang960 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
hi,

finally after fully charged, i can start again my 505 but I notice that, i can simply close the cover before and it will go into suspend mode, now I have to slide the switch to turn it off, any idea? thanks.

Wang
wang960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:45 PM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Wang--That's how it's supposed to work. Just closing the cover shouldn't immediately put your reader in suspend mode. Your reader will suspend on it's own after a couple of hours (not exactly sure how long) of inactivity, though.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote