Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Font problems between PW and Fire

I've been able to sync between the PW and my Kindle Fire. However, after reading on the PW for several hours I tried to change the fonts in the same two ebooks on the Kindle Fire.

I've noticed that one can EITHER change the Typeface or the Font Style but not both now on the Kindle Fire.

If I shut down the Fire (not put it to sleep), the option of what I can change is different but either the Typeface or Font Style change is blocked. It happens that way with both eBooks.

Thus, I apparently can work around the problem but its only been present while reading with the PW.

Has anyone else noticed this if they use both a PW and a Fire? It possible that my Fire HD 7"will not have this problem It may only be a problem with the Kindle Fire. My Fire HD 7" is due to arrive on Oct 25 - it has 32 Gb. I'll know then if that solved the problem.

Its possible the next firmware upgrade for the PW and / or Fire (HD) will correct the problem.

I've also noticed that the 2nd font size from the largest on the PW is the same size as the 3rd font size from the largest on the Fire. Maybe that has something to do with the problem.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-05-2012 at 08:28 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
This is nothing to do with Devices and everything to do with the specific books you're reading. You can run them through Calibre to remove the hard coded restrictions so you can change both font and font size.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Never happened before PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This is nothing to do with Devices and everything to do with the specific books you're reading. You can run them through Calibre to remove the hard coded restrictions so you can change both font and font size.
I never had this problem prior to using my PW yesterday and today. The Kindle Fire alone did not display this kind of problem.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote