Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
RKnack
Enthusiast
RKnack began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350 (deceased)
problems converting .pdf to .rb for REB1100

I have the latest version of Calibre. It does a great job converting .txt and .html files to .rb for my RCA REB1100, but when I try to convert .pdf files to .rb, my REB doesn't read them. Oh, I can load them into memory, and they show up as "being there", but when I call them up, all I get is a blank screen. This is frustrating, as I want to load public domain copies of The American Standard Version of the Holy Bible (1901), and Popular Mechanics' "The Boy Mechanic" (with illustrations), both of which I have in .pdf format, onto my REB.

Also, will there soon be a version of Calibre that will "talk" directly to my REB1100?
RKnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
fiamele
fiamele began at the beginning.

Device: REB1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKnack View Post
I have the latest version of Calibre. It does a great job converting .txt and .html files to .rb for my RCA REB1100, but when I try to convert .pdf files to .rb, my REB doesn't read them. Oh, I can load them into memory, and they show up as "being there", but when I call them up, all I get is a blank screen. This is frustrating, as I want to load public domain copies of The American Standard Version of the Holy Bible (1901), and Popular Mechanics' "The Boy Mechanic" (with illustrations), both of which I have in .pdf format, onto my REB.

Also, will there soon be a version of Calibre that will "talk" directly to my REB1100?
Hello RKnack:
I have been having the same problem. The REB tells you the file is there, but all you see is a blank screen.
Have you been able to solve this problem?
Hopefully you´ll say yes!
Regards,
Fer.
fiamele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
Kermbo
Kermbo began at the beginning.

Device: Reb1100
Reb1100 blank book

Hi.
I'm having the same problem as well!
My reb1100 tells me the book is there, but it's blank when I try to read it.
Is there something that needs to be done in the .rb conversion?
Thanks so much.
Kermbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
RB output is currently broken. One piece of the RB file is not created properly. Specifically the hidx page is not currently generated.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #5
Kermbo
Kermbo began at the beginning.

Device: Reb1100
Thanks and what next?

Thanks so much for your response.
What can I do to fix the conversion to .rb issue or work around it?
Can I convert to another format as an interim step?
Thanks.
Kermbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2011, 02:44 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to correct subforum. Also, please don't resurrect older threads, as, due to Calibre's fast development cycle, information in these threads tends to get outdated quickly.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote