Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 07-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Batteries, Batteries, who's got the Batteries?

Found a 2009 thread discussing the PPro batteries and how Robertb was saying they would be for sale on the website, but no price was ever mentioned. Other discussions mentioned "work-alikes", but no one ever said there is really a supply for the EZ PPro batteries.

Any old news about this I haven't seen?

Pretty sure my battery is only getting 4-5 days, now, so its either replace the battery or replace the reader.

Managed to struggle thru a week of Boy Scout Camp - as an adult leader - by using my iPad, which is supposed to be for night reading purposes only.

Didn't take my PPro charger, or even USB cable, because I charged it before leaving on Sunday. Died on Wednesday.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I would suggest you contact http://astak.com/ and check support and ask them. I believe they are still supporting this product. They are likely also available from other Hanlin vendors such as BeBook or directly from Jinke.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Thanks

I checked their website, but didn't take it any further.

There's always a chance the short duration was a fluke. I'll know after the current charge is complete.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
Found a 2009 thread discussing the PPro batteries and how Robertb was saying they would be for sale on the website, but no price was ever mentioned. Other discussions mentioned "work-alikes", but no one ever said there is really a supply for the EZ PPro batteries.

Any old news about this I haven't seen?

Pretty sure my battery is only getting 4-5 days, now, so its either replace the battery or replace the reader.

Managed to struggle thru a week of Boy Scout Camp - as an adult leader - by using my iPad, which is supposed to be for night reading purposes only.

Didn't take my PPro charger, or even USB cable, because I charged it before leaving on Sunday. Died on Wednesday.
Astak 'had' batteries for about $20.

Who knows what they have now. Last time I called at 10:30 PST, the EZReader support person was not in (yet).
I wanted a new cover (clip broke) and a spare battery (mine drops to 3 bars after 3 days of high reading (lots of pages) use).
Lbook V5 uses the same battery and I think they now have a US outlet.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:55 PM   #5
rrrlakin
shu-shu
rrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: two Astak PP/various kindles
Astak still has batteries for $15 plus shipping--I bought a couple ahead a few weeks ago. Google astak batteries and you'll find the page.

Bob Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Astak 'had' batteries for about $20.

Who knows what they have now. Last time I called at 10:30 PST, the EZReader support person was not in (yet).
I wanted a new cover (clip broke) and a spare battery (mine drops to 3 bars after 3 days of high reading (lots of pages) use).
Lbook V5 uses the same battery and I think they now have a US outlet.
rrrlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #6
Cinnabar
Cinnabar began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader
Don't forget that it's also marketed under other brand names (Hanlin V5, BeBook Mini -- I think? I have the 6" EzReader, so I'm not really up on the Pro's other names), so if you can't get it from Astak, there might be alternatives.

I also have an external battery charger (powersource xpower mobile mini) that connects through the USB port, but of course that's one more piece of junk you need to carry around.

Now that I've done it, I recommend that everyone replace their aging batteries. I had forgotten how quickly my reader could work!
Cinnabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?

Well, its not the battery. Measured with voltmeter at 3.8v after it had been used for a day and been reset (battery disc/recon) a few times. Had to use iPad all week again, camping. Fortunately was family car camping, so I had my Celestron Power tank and a 1 amp solar charger, and made due charging the iPad a couple times with a USB car adaptor.

Attempted a FW reset, and it made it to the second step a couple times (Press Okay), but wouldn't boot up/turn on afterwards. Now it is stuck on "Hanlin V5 Program Update Version 1.20 Feb 23 2010 Initialling Device". Power doesn't even come on any more.

Sigh.

Went out and bought a nook STR. Loved that PPro.

Last edited by eGeezer; 07-31-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:20 AM   #8
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
If you manage to get it booted you could try the tip in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79036

It will format the internal memory. Other than Ithat all I can say is sorry for the bad news.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #9
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Try this one if you can't seem to get the battery Batteriesplus.com - If it runs on batteries we got it.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:01 AM   #10
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Try a firmware reset with it plugged in to a usb port, my V3 wouldn't reflash once until I did that.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote