Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
denmarks
Enthusiast
denmarks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Adding Table of Contents

I have one long text file with the Complete Works of Shakespeare. Is there a way to add a table of contents with links that will work when I convert it to epub and mobi files?
denmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I suggest looking at HarryT's MOBI versions first:

Shakespeare, William: Shakespeare's Tragedies. v2, 10 Jan 2009

Shakespeare, William: Shakespeare's Histories. v1, 15 Jan 2009

Shakespeare, William: Shakespeare's Comedies. v1, 21 Jan 2009

Shakespeare, William: Shakespeare's Poetry. v2, 22 Jan 2009

That is four books, vs one, but with much better formatting that you are likely to get from a plain text version.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
denmarks
Enthusiast
denmarks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I would still like to learn how to do it myself.
denmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by denmarks View Post
I have one long text file with the Complete Works of Shakespeare. Is there a way to add a table of contents with links that will work when I convert it to epub and mobi files?
Use Sigil
Calibre is Not a substitute for a editing program
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:54 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by denmarks View Post
This is a weak point of mine too, read the sticky post on the subject.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert