Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #91
xari
Kindle Obsessed.
xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.

Device: K3, K4, Kindle Fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Mine has now shipped, or at least they printed the shipping label. The serial number now displays in Manage My Devices, but still no email address. The email address should be the same as far my K3 and K4 though, if I remember correctly.
Ditto, me!

Good thing too. I really was getting down to the last bit of hair that I could tear out of my head.

xari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #92
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Mine still hasn't shipped, but was charged. I just made about $5 of play money for it tomorrow though. YAY! It's going to be exciting going through that app store for the first time.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #93
jswinden
Nameless Being

Mine is coming out of Phoenix rather than Irving. And it is shipping UPS.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #94
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Mine is coming out of Phoenix rather than Irving. And it is shipping UPS.
It's amazing hearing all these places. I think all the orders I had from Amazon over the years. I'm hearing of warehouses I've never knew were around. My always come from KY or GA. It will be interesting to see if it's the same with the Fire. Ah I forgot the Colby I sent back was sent from PA.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #95
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
Latest Event: Nashville TN
Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit - November 14, 2011 9:57:50 AM
You have a Volunteer Fire as well. I'm sure mine will have to take a crazy dog-leg through Louisville. I had mine on two-day therefore I have no complaint.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #96
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's amazing hearing all these places. I think all the orders I had from Amazon over the years. I'm hearing of warehouses I've never knew were around. My always come from KY or GA. It will be interesting to see if it's the same with the Fire. Ah I forgot the Colby I sent back was sent from PA.
I think I get more out of KY than any other warehouse, with Dallas (Irving) a close second. I've got some out of AZ before.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #97
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I am (happily) confused - I ordered my Fire on the day of the press conference, but chose Standard shipping - and was given an arrival date of Nov 18-22. Today I happened to look at my orders page - and find my Fire is in Greensboro today and will be here tomorrow! It's like I got automatically upgraded to next-day shipping .... Is this tied in to the free trial of Prime?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #98
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine just changed to shipping soon! My card has been charged!
Delivery Estimate: November 17, 2011 - November 21, 2011

Last edited by Blossom; 11-14-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #99
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I am (happily) confused - I ordered my Fire on the day of the press conference, but chose Standard shipping - and was given an arrival date of Nov 18-22. Today I happened to look at my orders page - and find my Fire is in Greensboro today and will be here tomorrow! It's like I got automatically upgraded to next-day shipping .... Is this tied in to the free trial of Prime?
No. Amazon just wants to be sure you're able to use your Fire to find tasty recipes for turkey before Thanksgiving!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #100
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
No. Amazon just wants to be sure you're able to use your Fire to find tasty recipes for turkey before Thanksgiving!

I do think Amazon wants to make sure all Fires are received well before Thanksgiving - so that when family members gather, they can share/observe a Fire in action - and put them on their Xmas lists!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #101
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post

I do think Amazon wants to make sure all Fires are received well before Thanksgiving - so that when family members gather, they can share/observe a Fire in action - and put them on their Xmas lists!
I thought it was because of Black Friday. They want them in stores but it would look bad if we all didn't get ours first. The Kindle Touch is shipping very early than compared to the Fire!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #102
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I thought it was because of Black Friday. They want them in stores but it would look bad if we all didn't get ours first. The Kindle Touch is shipping very early than compared to the Fire!
Oh - very true! I remember seeing threads announcing their presence in brick&mortar stores!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #103
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by xari View Post
Huh. You have given me hope(!).

After you received the text, did the serial number for your Fire appear under "Manage Your Devices" or was it still listed as 'Not Available'?

Sorry, had to log out for awhile and didn't see your question. The serial number didn't appear right away, but it's there now (about seven hours later).
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #104
xari
Kindle Obsessed.
xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.

Device: K3, K4, Kindle Fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Jr. View Post
Sorry, had to log out for awhile and didn't see your question. The serial number didn't appear right away, but it's there now (about seven hours later).
No worries. I finally received my shipping notice a few hours ago. She's due tomorrow and I am a very happy camper!

Thanks for getting back to me.

xari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #105
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Latest Event: Phoenix AZ
Shipment received by carrier - November 14, 2011 3:12:00 PM

I feel like such a nerd waiting with so much excitement for my new toy!
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote