Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 05:14 AM   #1
nigel p bird
Banned
nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
THE ADVENTURES OF CASH LARAMIE AND GIDEON MILES

When you put up a title with ‘The Adventures Of’, I reckon you’re a brave author. Boy had those tales better do the business if you’re starting off with that.
Edward A Granger sure didn’t let me down with his work, unless leaving me needing to read more of them can be a crime laid at his door.
Cash Laramie and Gideon Miles work in a world that is familiar to me from old movies and legends. In some ways, that gives the author and advantage as with the merest hint of description I’m able to fill in an entire 70mm frame. That suggests it was easy; I’d say it’s the opposite. It would have been so easy to overload the tales with the unnecessary and Granger gets this perfect.
There are all the ingredients you might imagine in Western tales and more.
The conversation is perfectly handled, lots said with hardly an opening of a mouth. Take this for an epitaph:
“What kind of marker did you leave?”
“Half the truth. Here lies +++++++++++. Fast gun and beloved son.”
or another:
‘1860 – 1882: RIP ++++++++++++ Loved by everyone ‘cept the dirty dog murderer who shot him down.’
Had me purring.
My advice to readers is that this is a real treat. An absolute joy of a read. A needs buying kind of book even at ten times the price you can get it for.
Go buy your ticket.
http://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Lar...5386830&sr=8-1
nigel
Closed Thread