Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
holdit
Connoisseur
holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, IPad
Sigil crashes when trying to add existing file

I'm in OS 10.7.5 the last build of Sigil I have is 0.7.2 any help here?

R

heres the crash error

Process: Sigil [1225]
Path: /Volumes/VOLUME/Sigil.app/Contents/MacOS/Sigil
Identifier: com.sigil-ebook.Sigil.app
Version: 0.7.2 (0.7.2)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [153]

Date/Time: 2013-05-13 17:15:23.717 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63)
Report Version: 9

Interval Since Last Report: 6108008 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 161
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 2517 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 8
Anonymous UUID: 7722051E-6E43-490B-A183-1F89CA6022B0

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: 0x000000000000000d, 0x0000000000000000

VM Regions Near 0:
-->
__TEXT 000000010ce4f000-000000010d7be000 [ 9660K] r-x/rwx SM=COW /Volumes/VOLUME/Sigil.app/Contents/MacOS/Sigil

Application Specific Information:
objc[1225]: garbage collection is OFF

Last edited by holdit; 05-13-2013 at 05:16 PM.
holdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Sorry to say but the majority of folks here at MobileRead are not psychic. Could you maybe describe your problem in a tad more detail?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
holdit
Connoisseur
holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm so sorry for that. Problem is when I'm trying to add an image to an e pub file opened in Sigil the app crashes. I have done this procedure tons of times before and this never happened. I"m just trying to add an image ( the cover ) of the book to the image file
Old 05-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
I just started having this happen to me too, just today. I know it did it yesterday on my Mac at home. I am running OS X Lion (on my work Mac). My system at home is Mt. Lion.
--MH
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
holdit
Connoisseur

This is terrible! WTF? Now this will delay what I have to do as we now know its just not you and I.

bad day

R
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Adding the image from a context menu or from the regular menu? Any images or just certain ones? Does downgrading to a previous Sigil version make the problem go away? The exact, detailed steps you take to add the image (since there's more than one way) would go a long way toward trouble-shooting.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #7
holdit
Connoisseur

Will do this now give me a few minutes.

R
Old 05-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #8
holdit
Connoisseur

Ok open Sigil
Select Add / from file menu

select Existing files

Sigil crashes.

More scenerios coming.

R
Old 05-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #9
holdit
Connoisseur

Ok open Sigil

select open

open e pub tried with 3 differnt e pubs

Files open in Sigil

select image folder

control click add existing files

Sigil crashes.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #10
holdit
Connoisseur

Just trashed 0.7.2 re downloaded 0.7.0

Works Fine!!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:43 AM   #11
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Delete your sigil settings. There is an incompatibility (a bug in Qt) between the settings file from previous versions.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #12
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
That fixed it. Thanks!
--MH
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #13
silvia33
silvia33 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Delete your sigil settings. There is an incompatibility (a bug in Qt) between the settings file from previous versions.
Mac mini late 2012 OS X10.8.4

I started using Sigil a few days ago. Latest version. Had several kinds of crashes which cannot be related to settings of prior versions.

Had crashes with
file/add existing files/

Fixed that by deleting Segil files in user/library/application support and the pref file in user/library/preferences.

Working fine. I left Sigil up and was going to continue my work by adding more files when Sigil crashed again (files/add existing files). It then crashed several times on opening and finally crashed on file/open (since Sigil always opens with a new epub file). And just now it opened ok and crashed again on file/open. I'm attaching the crash report.

This is my first epub. I'm understanding what is going on converting a lot of html files to produce an ebook and enjoying the process.

It seems others are having similar problems, so I hope this can be fixed.

Thanks,
silvia
Attached Files
File Type: rtf sigil crach.rtf (55.7 KB, 189 views)
silvia33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #14
FrMartin
FrMartin began at the beginning.

Device: Sigil
Same problem

Running Mac 10.8.4 and latest Sigil (0.7.2) and although I never had a problem before, I now cannot add image files with either the menu or the context menu. Argh. Tried several different epubs, tried rebooting the mac, deleting files from the application support library. Nothing helps.

I have used this feature successfully dozens of times before now and never had a problem.

FrMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrMartin View Post
Running Mac 10.8.4 and latest Sigil (0.7.2) and although I never had a problem before, I now cannot add image files with either the menu or the context menu. Argh. Tried several different epubs, tried rebooting the mac, deleting files from the application support library. Nothing helps.

I have used this feature successfully dozens of times before now and never had a problem.

Have you tried another image? One that has worked before.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote