Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #1861
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Version 1.7.43 - 11 Sept 2013
  • Fix dates for fimfiction.net
  • Additional groups as site specific data for fimfiction.net.
  • Add default_value_status (etc) feature.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #1862
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Hmm. calibre doesn't seem to see it on the updated list. Not out yet?
Advert
Old 09-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #1863
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefiriot View Post
Hmm. calibre doesn't seem to see it on the updated list. Not out yet?
calibre doesn't see plugin updates until the Index thread has been updated. That's a manual process handled by the forum moderators. Sometimes it takes a while, which is why I also announce it.

You can go into calibre's plugin list and manually install the plugin and you'll get the latest version even if it doesn't show a new version on the list.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #1864
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
calibre doesn't see plugin updates until the Index thread has been updated.
That's actually no longer true for calibre 1.x releases, all plugins are downloaded from http://plugins.calibre-ebook.com which mirrors this site and automatically scans for plugin updates every hour. So if your users are using newer calibre releases they should be notified of plugin updates within an hour of you updating the zip file in the first post.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:23 PM   #1865
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That's actually no longer true for calibre 1.x releases, all plugins are downloaded from http://plugins.calibre-ebook.com which mirrors this site and automatically scans for plugin updates every hour. So if your users are using newer calibre releases they should be notified of plugin updates within an hour of you updating the zip file in the first post.
Good to know. Thanks.
Advert
Old 09-12-2013, 05:31 AM   #1866
thecookiemommma
Enthusiast
thecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the rough

Device: ZTE Grand Max + / HP Slate 7 HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefiriot View Post
Not all reader apps either (well, not all handle them gracefully)-- and if reading with e-ink, graphics might not be the greatest idea, but since I've never used an e-ink device, others will be better able to judge. Still, to hear that FFN are actually considering compilation-- that's amazing! I should note however that there are authors out there who are against having their fics available in one easy download by default from a site, because of plagiarism fears. I know a person who refused to join AO3 precisely because of the availability of downloads, for the above reasons.
I am personally slightly frustrated by this attitude, because with Copy Paste, and GrabMyBooks and several other means available to download and capture the text, it's not a sure sign that someone's not going to be able to access their work in a downloadable format.

I understand the fears. I've had some of my own fic ... not verbatim plagiarized, but poorly riffed (and I was pretty offended by it), but I still want as many readers as possible to read my stuff. But I, too have seen a couple authors who have switched sites like four times to avoid downloadable content.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #1867
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecookiemommma View Post
I am personally slightly frustrated by this attitude, because with Copy Paste, and GrabMyBooks and several other means available to download and capture the text, it's not a sure sign that someone's not going to be able to access their work in a downloadable format.

I understand the fears. I've had some of my own fic ... not verbatim plagiarized, but poorly riffed (and I was pretty offended by it), but I still want as many readers as possible to read my stuff. But I, too have seen a couple authors who have switched sites like four times to avoid downloadable content.
Agreed. No predicting whether somewhere out there someone didn't save that embarassing fic you thought you'd managed to obliterate off the 'Net, really: I found I have a few of those taken down fics saved back in the early 2000's when I was going through the saved fic folders trying to import to calibre. I made an argument for why fear of easier duplication shouldn't be a reason to spurn more modern services than FFN, but well, no convincing cattle that won't drink the water from your trough!
Old 09-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #1868
El_Pirato
FanFic Hunter
El_Pirato began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
AFF verification

could you use this for the age?

import time
date = input('Date (mm/dd/yyyy): ')
try:
valid_date = time.strptime(date, '%m/%d/%Y')
except ValueError:
print('Invalid date!')
Old 09-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #1869
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Pirato View Post
could you use this for the age?

import time
date = input('Date (mm/dd/yyyy): ')
try:
valid_date = time.strptime(date, '%m/%d/%Y')
except ValueError:
print('Invalid date!')
If you're trying to suggest we support adult-fanfiction.org, we don't support that site because of the legal warning and requirements, not because of technical difficulty.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #1870
El_Pirato
FanFic Hunter
El_Pirato began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
If you're trying to suggest we support adult-fanfiction.org, we don't support that site because of the legal warning and requirements, not because of technical difficulty.
the legal warning I'm working on that but you know how to bypass the verification page?
Old 09-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #1871
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Jimm,

I just tried to add http://www.ncisfiction.com/story.php?stid=05113, but I got an error.

Code:
calibre, version 1.2.0
HIBA: Error Updating Metadata: <p>An error has occurred while FFDL was updating calibre's metadata for <a href='http://www.ncisfiction.net/chapters.php?stid=05113'>Paws for Christmas</a>.</p>The ebook has been updated, but the metadata has not.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_plugin", line 1113, in update_books_loop
  File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_plugin", line 1472, in update_metadata
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 646, in set_custom
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 939, in set_field
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/write.py", line 501, in set_books
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/write.py", line 501, in <dictcomp>
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/write.py", line 88, in adapt_number
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

Story Details:
comment:
     Download epub completed, 1 chapters.
     Add
pubdate:
     2010-12-14 00:00:00+01:00
listorder:
is_adult:
     False
added:
     True
end:
     None
author:
     [u'Kath']
comments:
     <p>Gibbs gets a hero's reward, no matter if he wants it or not.</p>
calibre_id:
series:

username:
     <was set, removed for security>
begin:
     None
good:
     True
tags:
     [u'FanFiction']
timestamp:
     2013-09-12 20:16:38.320922+02:00
outfile:
     /tmp/calibre_1.2.0_tmp_HOfFeZ/fanfictiondownloader_hB5Z1C/Paws for Christmas-Kath-pd7F8t.epub
updatedate:
     2010-12-14 00:00:00+01:00
all_metadata:
     rating:
          NC-17
     series:

numWords:

site:
          www.ncisfiction.net
     datePublished:
          2010-12-14
     authorHTML:
          <a class='authorlink' href='http://www.ncisfiction.net/profile.php?user_id=112761'>Kath</a>
     storyUrl:
          http://www.ncisfiction.net/chapters.php?stid=05113
     storyId:
     category:
          NCIS, Slash >> Gibbs/DiNozzo
     lastupdate:
          Last Update Year/Month: 2010/12, Last Update: 2010/12/14
     formatext:

author:
          Kath
     ships:
          Gibbs/DiNozzo
     formatname:

seriesHTML:

version:
          FanFictionDownLoader v1.7.43
     dateUpdated:
          2010-12-14
     numChapters:
          Completed
     langcode:

description:
          <td>Gibbs gets a hero's reward, no matter if he wants it or not.</td>
     warnings:

dateCreated:
          2013-09-12 20:16:38
     output_css:

authorId:
     authorUrl:
          http://www.ncisfiction.net/profile.php?user_id=112761
     characters:
          Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Jenny Shephard, Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Timothy McGee
     genre:
          Alternate Universe, First Time, Holiday, Romance
     language:

seriesUrl:

siteabbrev:
          ncisfn
     title:
          Paws for Christmas
     extratags:
          FanFiction
password:

icon:
     plus.png
publisher:
     www.ncisfiction.net
url:
     http://www.ncisfiction.net/chapters.php?stid=05113
author_sort:
     [u'Kath']
title:
     Paws for Christmas
Old 09-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #1872
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
Jimm,

I just tried to add http://www.ncisfiction.com/story.php?stid=05113, but I got an error.

Code:
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/write.py", line 88, in adapt_number
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
     numWords:

site:
          www.ncisfiction.net
It's failing because there's no word count collected and it's failing when trying to set it to an empty string. I'd blame it on calibre 1.x, but 0.9 does the same thing. Apparently it changed on one end or the other somewhere along the way.

Attached is a version of the PI that skips setting int/float columns when the data is empty.

UPDATE Sep 14 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 09-14-2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 09-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #1873
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
It's failing because there's no word count collected and it's failing when trying to set it to an empty string.
FYI, FFDL doesn't collect word count from ncisfiction.net because it's a nuisance to get.

Author list shows only series and stories not in series. And word count per story is only show on the series list page. And FFDL has no way to get the correct series list page from the story URL. I'm not interested in scanning all of an author's series pages to find the right one.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #1874
Linwe
Enthusiast
Linwe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Kindle 4
I've recently been downloading a bunch of stories from fanfiction.portkey.org for friend (she doesn't believe me about the awesomeness that is this plugin) and she's come back to me with the complaint that several stories are missing chapters. For example, downloading this one http://fanfiction.portkey.org/story/18 results in chapters 1, 3, 5, 6 and 8 to be missing. The chapter headers are there but there's no chapter content whatsoever. There are no error messages that pop up during download.

Any ideas anyone?
Old 09-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #1875
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@Linwe - This is a problem that I've seen before with equally old stories, but on fictionalley.org. The HTML as uploaded by the author originally is flawed and confuses the HTML parser FFDL uses.

The attached version does some brute-force fixes that I don't think will break anything else.

UPDATE Sep 14 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 09-14-2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Closed Thread