Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #61
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel47 View Post
Hmmm...I'm thinking of just waiting for them to add the B&N app store. However, seeing that you can get Angry Birds goodness on there, I am tempted.

However, in the interest of not having to worry about updates ruining functionality, I will wait.
You don't sound convincing!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #62
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
You don't sound convincing!
Am I that transparent? I was just reading the rooting instructions...
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 08:20 PM   #63
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Am I that transparent? I was just reading the rooting instructions...
Old 12-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #64
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
***For those that are having problems with apps only taking up a small part of the screen:

Install the latest version of SpareParts.apk
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/917-spare-parts-app/

Then, follow the directions in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zasSIA7sexM

Voila! Fullscreen apps!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #65
lionel47
Addict

Has anyone else tried to root with Winimage on WinXP? I try to do the Restore option but no drives show up. Do you need Winimage Pro to do this?

If you do need to upgrade to Pro, I am out. They want $66 for a license.
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #66
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Has anyone else tried to root with Winimage on WinXP? I try to do the Restore option but no drives show up. Do you need Winimage Pro to do this?

If you do need to upgrade to Pro, I am out. They want $66 for a license.
I was able to do it without the pro version.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:01 PM   #67
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
I was able to do it without the pro version.
I didn't think you needed it after looking at this:

WinImage Professional adds all these feature to WinImage standard:

* Self extractor with an unlimited redistribution license.
* File Properties - allows modification of file dates within an image file.
* You can export the directory of the current image file as plain text or HTML.
* Printing of the contents of the image file
* Editable boot sector properties (i.e. load another boot sector file, manually edit text in the boot sector...)
* Supports the creation of large images of removable and hard disks under Windows NT and Windows 95. Large images (> 2.88 MB) are not loaded into memory, read and write operations are done directly on image files.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #68
lionel47
Addict

Quote:
I didn't think you needed it after looking at this:

WinImage Professional adds all these feature to WinImage standard:

* Self extractor with an unlimited redistribution license.
* File Properties - allows modification of file dates within an image file.
* You can export the directory of the current image file as plain text or HTML.
* Printing of the contents of the image file
* Editable boot sector properties (i.e. load another boot sector file, manually edit text in the boot sector...)
* Supports the creation of large images of removable and hard disks under Windows NT and Windows 95. Large images (> 2.88 MB) are not loaded into memory, read and write operations are done directly on image files.
Oh well. No big deal. I'll wait for the app store.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #69
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Oh well. No big deal. I'll wait for the app store.
You're giving up? According to that info (and Noah98) you don't need the professional version. Maybe we can help.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #70
lionel47
Addict

Quote:
You're giving up? According to that info (and Noah98) you don't need the professional version. Maybe we can help.
Yes, but I read on a Winimage forum that the drives don't show up unless you have Administrator access on WinXP and Windows 7. My only computer is a work computer. I can install anything I like and pretty much do everything. However, only our Desktop Management team have Administrator access outright.

No big deal but it does make me reconsider buying my own laptop. I really can't justify it just for this, though.

If anybody finds something different, I'm willing to try anything. Let me know.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:58 PM   #71
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Yes, but I read on a Winimage forum that the drives don't show up unless you have Administrator access on WinXP and Windows 7. My only computer is a work computer. I can install anything I like and pretty much do everything. However, only our Desktop Management team have Administrator access outright.

No big deal but it does make me reconsider buying my own laptop. I really can't justify it just for this, though.

If anybody finds something different, I'm willing to try anything. Let me know.
Got it.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:25 AM   #72
SCION
Séduisant

Anyone have success installing Twitter?
Old 12-05-2010, 01:11 AM   #73
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by s52m3 View Post
So if you root the NC does that mean that you won't be able to apply the updates from B&N? Like when they push out the newer Android operating system to support flash etc. Also will their upcoming app store not work?
It's simple to unroot the device with a factory reset. You can apply the updates then. If you wish you can root it again.

Edit: I don't know if you'll be able to root again after applying the updates. It depends, but there may be a root with the updates included, and you won't have to get the updates directly from B&N. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited by SCION; 12-05-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:51 AM   #74
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
So, did I miss something or can you install the Kindle app and read your archived/purchased Kindle books on the rootedNC?
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:04 AM   #75
Rayven01
Nevermore
Rayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Nook, Nook Color, Stanza(iphone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
So, did I miss something or can you install the Kindle app and read your archived/purchased Kindle books on the rootedNC?
Yes, you can. That was the first app I installed just for the sheer irony. Works perfectly.
Rayven01 is offline   Reply With Quote