Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #526
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Screenshot please. Thanks.

As you can see it looks much better now I resize the Italic. I also made Larger version of Amasis. So I now have 3 to choose from Small, Medium and Large. It's the only way I can get a decent font size on my Kindle without jailbreaking it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AmasisMed.png
Views:	336
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	100935   Click image for larger version

Name:	AmasisLarge.png
Views:	325
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	100936  

Last edited by Blossom; 02-08-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #527
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Blossom, are you sure you can't share Amaisis? I really like the way it looks.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #528
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Blossom, are you sure you can't share Amaisis? I really like the way it looks.
Me too, Blossom. Is it possible?
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #529
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Me too, Blossom. Is it possible?
Not legally. But if you can prove you have the full Amasis font family, then I would think it would be OK.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #530
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Not legally. But if you can prove you have the full Amasis font family, then I would think it would be OK.
That still would not let you legally share copyright protected material. Much less altered copyright protected material.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #531
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
That still would not let you legally share copyright protected material. Much less altered copyright protected material.
Amasis is a commercial font but I did get it from the Nook app however old one it was. I can't share it though guys I'm sorry.

Google fonts has some slab serif fonts I've been looking for something similar because almost all their fonts fall under SIL or Apache license and any derivative works are sharable.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #532
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Amasis is a commercial font but I did get it from the Nook app however old one it was. I can't share it though guys I'm sorry.

Google fonts has some slab serif fonts I've been looking for something similar because almost all their fonts fall under SIL or Apache license and any derivative works are sharable.
What about hubby? Could he not make a font that is great on the Paperwhite? Or does he maybe charge too much.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #533
tmf2
Zealot
tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

Amasis2
$157 YiKes

Last edited by tmf2; 02-08-2013 at 11:39 PM.
tmf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #534
Polly7
Ebook/Ereader Lover
Polly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura about

Device: K4B
JSWolf,
You sir, are a BLOODY GENIUS! This new CharisSIL is perfect on the Kindle, even on the K4B that I have. Thank-you so much. I am using the non compact version at the moment, but as i am reading a mobi book, i don't know whether the compact would look any different?
Anyway, many thanks.
Polly7
Polly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #535
tmf2
Zealot
tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Kindle PW
Here is a free Roman Caecilia font that I adding weight to. I think it looks pretty good on the PW IMO.
Attached Files
File Type: rar CaeciliaLTStd-Roman_2.rar (26.3 KB, 182 views)
tmf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #536
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly7 View Post
JSWolf,
You sir, are a BLOODY GENIUS! This new CharisSIL is perfect on the Kindle, even on the K4B that I have. Thank-you so much. I am using the non compact version at the moment, but as i am reading a mobi book, i don't know whether the compact would look any different?
Anyway, many thanks.
Polly7
You are very welcome.

For Mobi, there is little to no difference between Compact and Modified. For KF8, the difference is the line spacing. Both have better (smaller) line spacing then Caecilia. Compact has line spacing that's very tight. Modified has a tight line spacing but not as tight as Compact. Personally, I prefer Compact.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #537
Polly7
Ebook/Ereader Lover
Polly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura about

Device: K4B
Could someone please do a slightly bigger version of the Linux Biolinum font, so that it is closer in size/line spacing to the caecilia default font on kindle? I really like it as a font, but it is just too small for my eyes.
It would be really good if someone could help?!
Polly7
Polly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #538
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I shall be releasing the Charis SIL Larger versions since nobody has said there is a problem. I'll be releasing later today or tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #539
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Okay, I've finally jumped into this. I'm not thrilled with anything I've tried so far. I love the Palatino but I'd like it to be a little darker. I've found (for free) Palatino-Medium regular and also italic. What I can't find is bold or bold italic. It's my understanding that if I load a font into the folder, I have to load all types of the font in order for it to work properly. Do I have that right?
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #540
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Have you tried one of my versions of Charis SIL? They come in all the different styles.