Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
shaana
shaana began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Uninstalling JailBreak

I have jailbreak installed on 3.2.1 firmware. I am not able update to 3.3.

I try uninstall all hacks and jailbreak and run update.

Update started, message update successfull,
device is restarting,
blinking,
message update stage 1/2
and at end message update unsuccessfull.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks.
shaana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Does it display a failure code?
What "hacks" where on the machine?
What did you do to uninstall each of them?
In what order?
Are they really gone?

Does the problem already have a soluton indexed in our master index?

The more detail you provide, the easier it might be to give an answer.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #3
shaana

After update attempt, no error code.
I have uninstalled hacks in this order:
- screensavers
- usbnetworking
- physkeyb
- at last jailbreak

When I new install JB and usbnetworking, where can I find in directory structure which hacks are installed?

Thanks
Old 08-10-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
The hacks can affect the underlying structure of the device. There is no single location for them. Checking that is the complete list you installed might not be a bad idea.

Also a complete restart - holding down power for 20 seconds - and trying again would not go amiss. Other than that I am out of ideas. Perhaps someone can point you at a log that would tell you more.

FWIW. the screensavers, jailbreak, usbnetworking, fonts all did not affect the update of a 3.2.1 to 3.3 - even installed. I can attest to that.

HTH
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@shaana: Yes, there is an error code. There's *always* an error code on failed updates.

Anyway, as always, check the logs (;dumpMessages) after a failed update to pinpoint the exact file(s) that the update is snagging on.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #6
shaana

Error code is U006
Old 08-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Which is the most general error code, which is expected from a failed official update because of a custom file somewhere . Check the logs, since you had so much crap^Wstuff installed, we can't begin to guess what might be the issue .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
I had this months ago as well. I have to search if I have the prodkey or so somewhere I had to change. Sometime tomorrow, if nobody else can help you.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #9
shaana

I install now jailbreak-0.10.N and usbnetwork. I can access whole Kindle filesystem. Where is located logs about installed software?
Old 08-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In the build logs of lab126.

Depending on your make/model/firmware re-vision you may be able to find a manifest file that includes a lot of the files installed and their md5sum.

But you can probably do better than that by just listing the usual places (this is *nix, it has dedicated places in the file tree for installed files).

executabiles: /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin
libraries: /lib/* : /usr/lib/* : /usr/local/lib/*

Then all you have to do is look-up any of the names you don't recognize.

Last edited by knc1; 08-11-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #11
shaana

Something like this?

Dangerous code deleted.

Last edited by shaana; 08-11-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #12
shaana

I want to try Duokan, and I have the same problem in update.
I uninstall all jailbreaks and hacks.
System update is mission impossible for me :-(
Old 08-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #13
shaana

IMHO Maybe is problem with permissions to some directory/file? Installation hacks goes good.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #14
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaana View Post
Something like this?

[Dangerous code removed.]
Not even funny, and such postings dangerous to the readers can get you banned from this site.
Please edit your original post.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 08-11-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #15
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaana View Post
Error code is U006
And the details of dumping the log file?