Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #1186
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post

Ok, but then I still think that what they're doing is just not fair. Why don't they (=lab126) just allow the developer community (=us) to just do our things, but instead spit into our faces with every new firmware release?

Ah whatever, it makes no sense to complain or argue. Corporate policy decided that they have to be assholes - and they agreed.
All I can say is we KNOW THEIR address... they do not know ours

I would "whoa down" on the spit if I was them
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #1187
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
In cases where your Kindle battery just will not take a charge because it is TOO discharged, you might want to try this little trick to wake it up so it WILL take a charge:

This video shows a cellphone battery being revived, but the same trick may work on a Kindle battery. It is certainly worth trying before discarding an otherwise "dead" battery.

Do not apply the uncontrolled charge for long (more than about 10 seconds) to prevent danger from a Lithium fire. Better to do this outside, or at least on a fireproof surface.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-26-2013 at 11:55 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #1188
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
cool idea... Terrible camera work
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #1189
tindom
tindom began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
How to restore Paperwhite?

How to restore Paperwhite? ("Repair Needed")

1.FIRMWARE 5.3.3

2.Jailbreaked and usbnet 0.6

3.USB-disk is accessible less than 10 seconds , no ssh

4.copied data.stgz(thanks NiLuJe) and RUNME.sh to USB-disk

5.RUNME.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
mntroot rw
touch /mnt/us/a.bac
rm -f /etc/fonts/conf.d/99-font.conf
rm -f /usr/java/lib/font/*.ttf
cp /mnt/us/a.bac /mnt/us/a.ok
mntroot ro
6.after reset ,only RUNME.sh in USB-disk , no data.stgz ,no a.bac

Why RUNME.sh didn't worked.

Thx guys

Ps. Sorry for my bad English
tindom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #1190
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindom View Post
How to restore Paperwhite? ("Repair Needed")

1.FIRMWARE 5.3.3

- - - -

Why RUNME.sh didn't worked.

Thx guys

Ps. Sorry for my bad English
Because of item #1 on your list?
I think that is the case, otherwise we would use that method to jailbreak 5.3.3

Search in the de-bricking threads - I seem to re-call someone recovering a Kpw from this "repair needed" state.

Last edited by knc1; 03-10-2013 at 09:56 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #1191
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
data.stgz does NOT work on FW 5.3.3.

If you have re-installed the rescue pack after the 5.3.3 upgrade, place ENABLE_DIAGS file on usb and reboot, enable USB network in diags, and debrick from there. (I.e., overwrite main kernel and partition, and blast /dev/mmcblk0p3). If you haven't... well, bad luck, serial port.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #1192
tindom

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Because of item #1 on your list?
I think that is the case, otherwise we would use that method to jailbreak 5.3.3

Search in the de-bricking threads - I seem to re-call someone recovering a Kpw from this "repair needed" state.
Yes,I have . Is it?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2276382

so I know runme.sh
Old 03-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #1193
tindom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
data.stgz does NOT work on FW 5.3.3.

If you have re-installed the rescue pack after the 5.3.3 upgrade, place ENABLE_DIAGS file on usb and reboot, enable USB network in diags, and debrick from there. (I.e., overwrite main kernel and partition, and blast /dev/mmcblk0p3). If you haven't... well, bad luck, serial port.
No,I haven't . Thx ixtab
Old 03-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #1194
schorsch
schorsch began at the beginning.

Device: Black Kindle 4NT
Wifi wont work after debricking my black Kindle 4NT

I debricked my black Kindle 4NT with the firmware version 4.1 but because there was no diags images for firmware 4.1 I flashed the mmcblk0p2-4.0.0 and restored my Kindle by using the mmcblk0p1-4.1.0 via SSH.
No my Kindle boots and sohow all available wifi networks, but if I try to connect the conection fails.
update:
It works after setting date via SSH and ignor the wifi error message.

Last edited by schorsch; 03-26-2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: solved
schorsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #1195
rinno
rinno began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hello. Can you help me, pls?
I tried to debrick my Kindle 3 with this instruction .
After flashing process my kindle won't startup and don't react on power button, but connect to pc (as Jungo device) and LED is on. How can i fix that?
I not english man, sorry for my english.
rinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:37 AM   #1196
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinno View Post
Hello. Can you help me, pls?
I tried to debrick my Kindle 3 with this instruction .
After flashing process my kindle won't startup and don't react on power button, but connect to pc (as Jungo device) and LED is on. How can i fix that?
I not english man, sorry for my english.
First thing - Try KUBRICK

OR

Repeat the linked directions.
Keep notes of what happens at each step.
If not successful, post your notes.

Be very careful of the address numbers you type in.
**Do not** make any changes to the setup after entering the address numbers!
(Changing something else on the form will re-set the address numbers. - not good.)
Old 06-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #1197
rinno

Quote:
First thing - Try KUBRICK
I try Kubrick. Flashing complete without any error, but kindle still don't react on power button. After flashing i hold power button for 30 sec, but nothing happens.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #1198
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I try Kubrick. Flashing complete without any error, but kindle still don't react on power button. After flashing i hold power button for 30 sec, but nothing happens.
How long did the flashing take? About 3 hours? Or less?
Old 06-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #1199
rinno

Quote:
How long did the flashing take? About 3 hours? Or less?
3-4 hrs.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #1200
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
3-4 hrs.
should have worked not a clue here.

Tags
debricking