Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
tigerszheng
Enthusiast
tigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheese

Device: 800sg
issues in third-party IME input(Simple Chinese)

Hi, there,

I have installed the google pinyin IME input for nook touch successfully and have used nook color tools to select google pinyin as the default input method.

The problems comes when I type the chinese, normally when you type in pinyin chinese, you should have some candidate word list between the character you type and keyboard in normal devices(mobile or pad), but in nook touch, there's no word list for you to choose, only 2 column( the character you type and keyboard), missing the world list column. Yes, you still can press spacebar to input but you will always select the first word list, you can't choose another one.

I tried another third party chinese input for andorid other than google pinyin, they all work well on my android mobile and android pad, but all the same issue in nook touch.

Any hints for me ?

All the best!

Last edited by tigerszheng; 06-14-2011 at 11:17 PM. Reason: add 2 pics
tigerszheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:24 AM   #2
tigerszheng
Enthusiast
tigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheese

Device: 800sg
solved!

The goolge pinyin and sogu input doesn't support STR.

But the baidu input support STR well and now I am happy to send some emails or take some notes on STR.
tigerszheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 07:13 AM   #3
localbuyer
localbuyer began at the beginning.

Device: Nook simple touch
How did you install the pinyin IME and Chinese Font?
localbuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
el34han
el34han began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I really like the 讯飞 hand-writting IME. So accurate and fast. But it suffers from the same problem you mentioned - won't display candidate words.
Really hope there can be a fix or workaround.
Good to know the Baidu input works.
el34han is offline   Reply With Quote