Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-10-2008, 09:17 AM   #1
radioflyertoo
Hog Rider
radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: HTC 7501
The Poem Game Compilation

Our masterpiece brung to you by you and for you Enjoy!

Every rose has it's thorn
The wheels on the bus go rorn and rorn.
Down this highway in the wind
Everyone of us has all we need
Love is a rose, and you better not pick it.
If it all was worth it, only time it will tell
Goo goo g'joob g'goo goo g'joob g'goo.
I chop down trees, I skip and jump, I like to pick wild flowers!
"I ride my bike, I roller skate, don't drive no car"
Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
Wheels go round and round in my mind.
And the eyes in his head, See the world spinning round
"I was there to steal her money, take her rings, and run"
"Money don't get everything it's true"
"You didn't do nothin' that hadn't been done before
"Sexy Sadie you broke the rules"
"Saturday I love you like Gold"
"You're indestructibiiiiiillllleeee"
"Sings rock and roll in the shower"
"Wear me silver-buckled slippers and me tight shiny pants"
"Fast asleep at the traffic light"
"He didn't notice that the lights had changed."
"But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will."
"Your name and mine inside a heart upon a wall"
"Oh baby I'm dying I'm crying over it. Maybe you feel it to, oh baby I'm blue"
"Blue Monday, how I hate Blue Monday"
"Tell me why. I don’t like Mondays. I wanna shoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oot the whole day down"
"Comin' Tuesday I feel better. Even my old man looks good"
"If you'd just come with me and see the beauty of Tuesday afternoon."
"Wednesday morning at five o'clock as the day begins"
Tuesday's coming and I want to go to bed.
"Up every morning just to keep my job"
"Working 9 to 5"
"I'm alive. I'm alive."
"I went home with the waitress, the way I always do"
"Why don't we do it in the road"
"Dead skunk in the middle of the road."
"Life is hard enough when you belong here"
"To deal in this game you must make the Queen disappear"
"Lily had two queens she was hoping for a third to match her pair"
"I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"
"Flow it, show it, long as God can grow it, my hair"
"Beauty that words cannot describe"
Nights in white satin never meaning to end

Thank you all Our masterpiece.
radioflyertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Another fine mess you've gotten us into!

Great job, that should confuse the English Lit teachers for years.

Don, can we have your professional views on this fine piece of writing?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Another fine mess you've gotten us into!

Great job, that should confuse the English Lit teachers for years.

Don, can we have your professional views on this fine piece of writing?

Where did I put the Exlax??

"Honey, have you seen the toilet plunger?"
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Excellent job, Radioflyertoo.

This is your baby, but perhaps some considerations on the next one?

1) What if there was a rule that two lines (only) must always have end rhymes?

Or, for example, another suggestion:

2) What if two successive lines were quoted, rather than one.

3) Or maybe 12 lines could equal a stanza (followed by a space separation and then the next stanza).

I enjoyed this, and I want to thank you for coming up with the idea and carrying it through.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #5
radioflyertoo
Hog Rider
radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: HTC 7501
Dr Drib,

Thank you. I think your suggestions will be for game three as I have started game too (oops) 2 already.

Bob
radioflyertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I like the "must rhyme" suggestion!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Excellent job, Radioflyertoo.

This is your baby, but perhaps some considerations on the next one?

1) What if there was a rule that two lines (only) must always have end rhymes?
The rhythm may not scan, but I honoured the rhyme suggestion in Poem Game Too/2.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote