Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-26-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
diesalher
diesalher began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
Buying a reader in New York

Hi all.
Sorry for my English.
i'm travelling to New York, next July 23 and i wan to buy an ebook reader. I think i can find wthout problems Sony Reader PRS-505 in stores there (B&H,JR,..), anyway...is it possible to find rest of ebook readers in a physical store in New York? (if i can find them, maybe i will buy an iLiad or Cybook instead the Sony). Anyone has been in NYC buying a reader or has information about the subject?
diesalher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
It doesn't look like the Iliad is sold in any physical stores. (And, wow .... that sucker is expensive!!).
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2008, 11:08 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I think you'll only find the Sony
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:51 AM   #4
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
the kindle is only sold online, and as far as i know, the cybook is not sold in stores in the u.s.... but i could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesalher View Post
Hi all.
Sorry for my English.
i'm travelling to New York, next July 23 and i wan to buy an ebook reader. I think i can find wthout problems Sony Reader PRS-505 in stores there (B&H,JR,..), anyway...is it possible to find rest of ebook readers in a physical store in New York? (if i can find them, maybe i will buy an iLiad or Cybook instead the Sony). Anyone has been in NYC buying a reader or has information about the subject?
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:51 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
It doesn't look like the Iliad is sold in any physical stores. (And, wow .... that sucker is expensive!!).
It is, but perhaps not in the US.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #6
diesalher
diesalher began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
Well, the 499€ that the iLiad book edition costs in Spain is somewhat magically transformed in 599$ (386€) , still expensive,but i could do the effort without feeling assaulted.
diesalher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Yup .... that's certainly a savings.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote