Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
mcam77
mcam77 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Sigil Shortcuts howto use

hello @ll,

maybe a dump dummie-question but i stuck on it, and a lot of google doesn't help!

I try to use the shortcuts in sigil. Shortcuts like F5 are no problem, but shortcuts like N for new, or T for Content are my problem. I tried with Ctrl, Shift, Windows-Key(yes i am on win) but nothing help to use this shortcut. I also read the faq and the manual but no luck. What does I have to do to use these shortcuts?

regards martin

and sry for my bad english
mcam77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
What you are describing sounds like the 'shortcuts' that are defined for menus, not the keyboard shortcuts managed in Preferences.

There are 2 types of keyboard shortcuts in use.

One is the letters used in menus. On Linux and possibly Windows (but I don't think MAC), you can press the Alt key plus the underlined letter in a menu name to open the menu (e.g Alt+F for the F in File). You can then press a letter on the keyboard (without Alt) corresponding to the underlined letter in a menu item (e.g. N for New).

But the more common usage of shortcuts are the ones you see usually to the right of the menu entries, like F5 or Ctrl+N. For these keys you just press what they are. You can change or remove them in Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
mcam77
mcam77 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
re

that' what iam looking for, thank you very much!
mcam77 is offline   Reply With Quote