Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #16
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I use Amazon Music Uploader to upload my music to the cloud (just bought 2 hard cds yesterday). One click, and Amazon scans my system for any songs it doesn't have and uploads them to the cloud. Then there they are on my Fire. I can press download for any song, playlist, etc.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I have the 7" Fire HD. Don't know what model number that is, sorry.

The HD, like all modern Android devices, uses MTP, so it won't mount with a "drive letter", and won't show up in the list of removable USB drives. In Windows Explorer, it shows up labelled as "Kindle" and, when I open it, there's a single drive within it which is the internal storage of the Fire.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #18
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
My Kindle Fire HD 7" 32 Gb shows up as "Music Player." I can open it in Windows Explorer but can NOT paste or drag anything to it.

It did install a driver when I first connected it to the PC. My Kindle Fire 1st Generation did NOT install a driver and I was able to paste or drag items to it.

Evidently, its not working like yours due its driver identifying it as a "Music Player."
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
My Kindle Fire HD 7" 32 Gb shows up as "Music Player." I can open it in Windows Explorer but can NOT paste or drag anything to it.

It did install a driver when I first connected it to the PC. My Kindle Fire 1st Generation did NOT install a driver and I was able to paste or drag items to it.

Evidently, its not working like yours due its driver identifying it as a "Music Player."
I never connect my devices to my computer. I use ES File Explorer LAN feature. It works great. I can copy file to and from my devices using my wireless connection.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #20
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I use Amazon Music Uploader to upload my music to the cloud (just bought 2 hard cds yesterday). One click, and Amazon scans my system for any songs it doesn't have and uploads them to the cloud. Then there they are on my Fire. I can press download for any song, playlist, etc.
Now how can I put my music on Dropbox or even Cloud. I tried, it is tedious and you end up not knowing what you downloaded. I gave up.

I wanted to replace my Ipod touch this year, but I need Itunes so I am tied to Ipod I guess.

Last edited by new; 11-10-2012 at 10:33 PM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #21
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I never connect my devices to my computer. I use ES File Explorer LAN feature. It works great. I can copy file to and from my devices using my wireless connection.
I saw ES File Explorer LAN feature tab, and wondered why I bought Wi Fi explorer pro. I haven't tried it yet though. Because I have actually network connected home, not wi-fi, will it still work?
Old 11-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #22
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I saw ES File Explorer LAN feature tab, and wondered why I bought Wi Fi explorer pro. I haven't tried it yet though. Because I have actually network connected home, not wi-fi, will it still work?
No you need WiFi access for either to work. How do you use the Fire without WiFi access to surf the internet?
Old 11-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #23
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No you need WiFi access for either to work. How do you use the Fire without WiFi access to surf the internet?
I have wi-fi access it is just that I thought it was wi-fi to wi-fi. My Fire is wi-fi. My home is plugged in, not wi-fi. Does that makes sense? Guess I should try it. I was just concerned over security. But I am a worry wart anyway.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #24
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I have wi-fi access it is just that I thought it was wi-fi to wi-fi. My Fire is wi-fi. My home is plugged in, not wi-fi. Does that makes sense? Guess I should try it. I was just concerned over security. But I am a worry wart anyway.
Oh I get ya. Not I am wired too. It will work fine as long as the PC... umm Mac is set up for file sharing on your network.