Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
PRS+ rules!!

Loaded the new PRS+ 2.0.15 on to my 950 and it made my 950 even closer to the perfect device!

I love the new option to use tap for page turn. There are several options how to use it, and I went for the option to tap the bottom part for page forwrd and the top for back. Swiping still works, and of course the page turning buttons, so no matter how you hold the reader you can find a way to do it comfortable (I often change how I hold it while reading).

I can't say I use many of the PRS+ enhancements, but this new one and the option for my own fonts and css are worth so incredibly much!
Off to make a donation to the project now!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #2
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm happy for you
I might try it myself....... Maybe.........
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
Kijac
Connoisseur
Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-950
I don't know how to get it on my PRS-950 . How can tell me that with every single step. Like for dummies .
Thanks!
Kijac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All I did was

1. Dowload it
2. Unzip it
3. Run the setup.exe (on the computer) with the reader plugged into the computer

It's possible the 950 has to be updated with the lastest official firmware first tough. Don't remember, but if that's the case the setup will tell you so.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
PRS+ is wonderful. I totally agree. Especially love having my own custom fonts, and I'll try out this new update soon for the tapping. May or may not disable tapping, though!
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #6
Asawi
Gadgetoholic

It's so great to be able to turn on/off things like tapping and swiping as you wish!
Old 11-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #7
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PW2
I'm glad to see you're enjoying our work Asawi and seajewel

Joy736: I'm afraid PRS+ doesn't support the T1, and I'm not sure it ever will. Contrary to earlier devices, it's based on Android, which would mean a new PRS+ would have to be coded from scratch. Aside from that, the current PRS+ developers don't actually have T1's to hack

PS: a small teaser for those interested: the version after v2.0.15 will have fully customizable page tapping (four screen areas) and swiping actions (four directions). So you can pick any action for any of those 'gestures'.
quisvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #8
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by quisvir View Post
Joy736: I'm afraid PRS+ doesn't support the T1, and I'm not sure it ever will.
Ok, it sounded great, but I love my PRS T1 anyway
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #9
Kijac
Connoisseur
Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.

I get every time this message:
C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Temp\7zSB00F.tmp\Fulua sha.hta ist keine zulässige Win-32 Anwendung.
I click OK, than I get this message:
Can not open file

I don't know what to do .
Old 11-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #10
Asawi
Gadgetoholic

What are you trying to open? Have you extracted the downloaded zip? Or is it when you try to do that you get the error message?
Old 11-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #11
Kijac
Connoisseur

I clicked on the setup.exe and at the end i get this message. Every time! I tried it soooo often ....
Old 11-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #12
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Woops, I took to long to post...

/edit: perhaps try installing this first.

If that doesn't help, kartu will have to come to the rescue

Last edited by quisvir; 11-21-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #13
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijac View Post
I get every time this message:
C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Temp\7zSB00F.tmp\Fulua sha.hta ist keine zulässige Win-32 Anwendung.
I click OK, than I get this message:
Can not open file

I don't know what to do .
Wow, never seen that.
On typical windows machine IEs would pick up hta files. Did you somehow disable internet explorer?

Which windows version do you use?
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #14
Kijac
Connoisseur

I use firefox .... and I have windows vista, but I have the internet explorer too. This is the 3rd vision I try ...

Edit:
I tried with this:
Quote:
edit: perhaps try installing this first.
It doesn't help .

Last edited by Kijac; 11-21-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #15
quisvir
Addict

Alternatively, you could extract the setup.exe itself and try to open the .hta in IE.