Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
whispersync not working: can anyone help me troubleshoot?

I run kindle apps on my blackberry, my ipod touch and my PC. Recently whispersync is always reporting that wherever I am in whatever device is the farthest location. (which is clearly not true).

I also recently upgraded to the latest kindle for PC.

I would normally suspect the PC application, but I don't know how to downgrade again...I will dig in to figure that out if this is a known issue.

Anyone have any advise for me?
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheostaticsfan View Post
I run kindle apps on my blackberry, my ipod touch and my PC. Recently whispersync is always reporting that wherever I am in whatever device is the farthest location. (which is clearly not true).

I would normally suspect the PC application, but I don't know how to downgrade again...I will dig in to figure that out if this is a known issue.

I have the latest Kindle for PC and I still get that message.
I'm not sure why you are not.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Perhaps you turned WhisperSync off on your Amazon account Manage Your Kindle page?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #4
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheostaticsfan View Post

This has been happening to me too. I have a K3 and an iphone and no matter where I am it tells me that I am currently at the furthest page synced.

I wonder if it has to do with the new upgrade to the Kindle firmware 3.3?

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:09 AM   #5
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
This has been happening to me too. I have a K3 and an iphone and no matter where I am it tells me that I am currently at the furthest page synced.

I wonder if it has to do with the new upgrade to the Kindle firmware 3.3?

Carol
I don't have a kindle device (well, my parents bought me one but I won't be receiving it until Christmas). It's happening to me with kindle reading applications. I'm going to try turning whispersync off for a day then back on.

I'll report back.
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert