Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Question about KT rebooting on its own?

When I got up this morning and went to turn on my Kindle Touch, I discovered that instead of the special offer I was used to seeing, the Kindle was...well, I think it was rebooting. It was the Kindle tree screen with the loading bar underneath, just like I got the first time I turned it on. I wasn't sure what the heck was going on, and when I hit the power button it finished whatever it was doing and worked just fine.

Has anyone else's KT done this? If so, does it have something to do with the special offers? This is the first Kindle I've owned with special offers, so I didn't know if this was something it did regularly to update the offers or what.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
frankelr
frankelr doesn't litterfrankelr doesn't litter

Device: k3kb, KTso, Nook ST
I am having similiar problems balso

Hi,

I don't think it a SO problem, since my wifi is off almost all the time.
I'm having random reboots and missed page turns. I'm going to wait a few weeks and if I continue to have problems, I will ask Amazon for an exchange.
frankelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
It's a little computer, and it will get confused and reboot itself here and there. Could be a corrupt file. Could be a download issue with the ads if you have wi-fi on. Could be a number of other things.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
I think it restarts automatically when it's running out of memory (RAM). Now, why is it running out of memory? It's most likely a bug amazon has to fix.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
My Kindle NT (non special offers) has never rebooted on it's own.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
My Kindle NT (non special offers) has never rebooted on it's own.
My K3 or K4 has ever either, Now I remember some covers and Silicone skins causing this issue with the K3. Static electricity was to blame.

I believe a firmware update also will reboot the Kindle.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
It's a little computer, and it will get confused and reboot itself here and there. Could be a corrupt file. Could be a download issue with the ads if you have wi-fi on. Could be a number of other things.
Well, while my wi-fi isn't on (I don't have wi-fi at my house), I did have it on yesterday when I was at a Wi-Fi hotspot so I could take advantage of the Amazon video offer. I turned the Wi-Fi off as soon as I had the offer e-mailed to me. I thought maybe while I had it on, the Kindle had gotten updated ads, which was why it was rebooting because I noticed there was at least one new ad after I turned it on.

*shrug* This is only the first time I've noticed it, so maybe it was a one-time thing or something. As long as it doesn't happen regularly, I'm fine. I've endured more frustrating problems with ebook readers over the past six years than this.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #8
IvyRose
Ebbok-Junkie
IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 3G, iphone 3GS
Actually my KT without SO has done this just yesterday! I had it plugged in the USB of my PC for loading. It was not connected to the PC otherwise. When it was fully loaded I unplugged it - it went to sleep while loading so I pressed the button but instead of going to the library menu, it rebooted.

After this, everything was as usual. It's the first time it happened so I'm not too worried about it, though
IvyRose is offline   Reply With Quote