Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2011, 02:00 AM   #1
Shoopmana
Shoopmana began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Ereader
Incredibly Slow Page Turns

I've recently gotten a new kobo1, and it has been working great. But now the further I get into a book, the longer it takes for the page to turn. Towards the end of a book I have to push the page turn button when I begin reading a page, and I still have to wait a little bit. I was wondering if their was anything I could do to fix this problem, because its getting hard to keep my patience. I have reformatted the ereader, and I have added all of the books to a memory card, but the problem is still there. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Shoopmana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:39 AM   #2
Stuart_L
Stuart_L began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, EeePC w/ FBReader
I ran in to this once with an epub that was not split into chapters, but rather was one huge xhtml file, nearly 2meg as I recall. It was taking more than 15 seconds per page turn. I fixed it by opening the epub with sigil, and split it into individual chapters, then resaved it. I think you can do something similar with calibre. Hope this helps.
Stuart_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
La Coccinelle
Connoisseur
La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo (original)
Is it just one book or all of them? I once had a book that was so slow it hung my Kobo for about 5 minutes when I tried to turn a page. I haven't had that problem with other books, though.
La Coccinelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:23 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Wow thats bad never had that happen.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:39 PM   #5
sbarton582
sbarton582 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I had that problem when reading Water for Elephants. On each new chapter there was a photograph, so when turning to the first page of every new chapter it was super super slow.
sbarton582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
m_bisson
Groupie
m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch :)
This happened to me with one book. It was divided into 4 parts, no chapters.
m_bisson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
page turns, slow