Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
How to celebrate arrival of Kindle 3

I'm thinking I ought to do something special with the Kindle 3 when it arrives. Unfortunately I don't really have any good ideas.

One idea I had was to buy an outrageously expensive e-Book as my first download.

Then I thought that I perhaps should dress up nicely and bring it to a fancy upscale restaurant and have dinner with it, flaunting my reading device in front of a gasping audience.

Perhaps take it for a drive down to a lake and enjoy reading while listening to chirping birds and the break of the waves.

What are you going to do?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Take it for a bath!

I've spent most of this week decorating our hallway which has been a lot of stretching for my Hobbit-like size to reach up to the ceiling - so a nice soak with my new Kindle is just the ticket! I do have a waterproof case mind you
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Well I'm guessing I'll probably read a book?

I haven't decided what to read though. Maybe a Christopher Moore novel because I'd like my first experience with my K3 to be a happy one.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:12 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I'm thinking I ought to do something special with the Kindle 3 when it arrives. Unfortunately I don't really have any good ideas.

One idea I had was to buy an outrageously expensive e-Book as my first download.

Then I thought that I perhaps should dress up nicely and bring it to a fancy upscale restaurant and have dinner with it, flaunting my reading device in front of a gasping audience.

Perhaps take it for a drive down to a lake and enjoy reading while listening to chirping birds and the break of the waves.

What are you going to do?
Sounds great! But I didn't do anything special for the K2, and it is not getting replaced for any good reason. So as not to have it feel bad, when I am casting it aside (my husband gets it) and stripping it naked (he doesn't like the purple skin) I will do what I did for the K2 - unwrap it slowly, and plug it in, and wait not patiently, for it to completely charge. While I am doing that, I will get my K2 ready for its next stage of life. It is entitled to be put out into pasture, after all the resets waiting for the 2.5 upgrade. And my husband will treat it gently, just won't use it all that much.

After it charges, I will set up the wi-fi, and move all the books tagged "on kindle" to my new K3. After introducing it to Calibre, of course.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I've been saving my nickles and dimes (literally) for ebook money. I'll have a nice buying splurge to celebrate my new K3's arrival.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post

If you're looking for an outrageously expensive e-book, this one certainly fits the bill!
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I've been saving my nickles and dimes (literally) for ebook money. I'll have a nice buying splurge to celebrate my new K3's arrival.
Sounds like fun.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:18 PM   #8
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
burn an iPad.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiNK View Post
burn an iPad.

AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:42 PM   #10
Kiley
Kiley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF View Post
If you're looking for an outrageously expensive e-book, this one certainly fits the bill!
Oh my. The first review of that book is amazing.

Oh wow and so is the second! actually all of them are great! http://www.amazon.com/Selected-Nucle...By=addFiveStar

Last edited by Kiley; 08-25-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Kiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #11
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I'm taking it straight to bed.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #12
Kiley
Kiley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
As soon as I get it I'm probably going to get right on my reading for my thesis...there's a lot to be done, at least I'll have a nice, functional device to do it on.
Kiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:21 PM   #13
kathyfitz
Electronics Whore
kathyfitz doesn't litterkathyfitz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone5, Kindle3
I like organizing things almost as much as reading, so once it is charged, I will probably transfer all of my books onto it and spend copious amounts of time creating collections and putting my books into them!
kathyfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:56 PM   #14
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Celebrate?!? Are you kidding me?

My plan is to beat my husband to the front door when the post man arrives (when the doorbell rings I'll send him off to play with the cat) so that I can sneak the Kindle 3 into the house and unwrap is secretly.

Later, it will magically turn up under a pile of things -- perhaps under the Kobo and the Kindle 2 -- so that when he finally notices in a week or two and asks me if that's new I can reply "What this? *bats eyelashes innocently in his direction* This old thing? Had it for ages ... you never notice anything, do you?" and then bury my nose back in it hoping he doesn't ask too many other questions ....
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:31 PM   #15
nickinev
Enthusiast
nickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the rough

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 1, K4, and Kindle Fire
LOL Kumabjorn! That sounds like something I would do!!

Nicole
nickinev is offline   Reply With Quote