Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
PDF Reflow?

Hi,

When you zoom into a PDF of an iPad, does it reflow like it will on some ebook readers or does it just zoom in and you have to pan about to read it?

Thanks!
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
No reflow on the built-in PDF reader/renderer, which most applications use. Because of the size of the screen, and the speed of the rendering (close to real-time), panning and zooming isn't a big deal unless you hate it by default.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Goodreader has a pretty neat reflow feature that works well. I'm using it right now on my iPhone. I assume it's also available on the iPad, but I won't know until I get mine (hopefully soon) or some good soul reviews Goodreader on iPad.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:20 PM   #4
frui
Connoisseur
frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle dx
Goodreader does not have reflow on ipad
frui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by frui View Post
Goodreader does not have reflow on ipad
Sorry but that is not correct at all, Goodreader for iPad has a very good reflow option. The same "quality" like on the iPhone!
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 02:49 AM   #6
Pranananda
Connoisseur
Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad, iPod touch, JetBook Lite
Goodreader only does 1 page reflow at a time.

If you are handy with the command line on Windows, Mac, or Linux, you might try my pdfreflow command, that works in conjunction with pdftohtml to reflow an entire PDF ebook into a large HTML file. I announced this utility on this thread called pdfreflow: reflow text PDFs
Pranananda is offline   Reply With Quote