Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
suipedali
suipedali began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs 505
Book Title Showing in Reader But No Content

Book title is showing in Reader Index, but when I open title there is no content, any ideas?
suipedali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Where did the eBook come from? My first guess would be if it was a "home-made" book, it may have converted incorrectly - leaving you an empty shell...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #3
suipedali
suipedali began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs 505
It's a title that I bought from Waterstones.
suipedali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
addicted2books
EBookaholic
addicted2books doesn't litteraddicted2books doesn't litteraddicted2books doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Red)
Post Wrong Format?

This happened when I first received my Reader. When I turned on my Reader, there were still a couple of titles in memory. One of the books I could access but the other one showed no content. I think if you go to the menu page of that particular book and press '7' for Info, it should tell you the basic information about your book and what format it is in.

addicted2books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by suipedali View Post
It's a title that I bought from Waterstones.
It's an ePub then? Can you read it in Adobe Digital Editions?

If not, it's possible you either have a bad copy (try to download it again) or the copy at Waterstones is bad (you'd have to contact them for that).

Did you "authorize" the ADE software when you installed it? I took a look at the Waterstones' FAQ on its ebooks, and it looks like the books there have encryption on them (I didn't think that was true, but the FAQ tells you to authorize ADE and you don't have to authorize it to read unencrypted eBooks with it).

When you downloaded the file, did you let it open in ADE first? The files download as ... ETD or EXD (or something like that) or ASCM (or something like that) ... and ADE then verifies you have access to download the file and actually downloads the ePub file and saves it to your computer.

The Waterstones' FAQ says you have to copy the ePub from your computer to Sony eBook Library to transfer the book to your Reader. I thought you had to send it from ADE, but I'll admit I've only half paid attention to those discussions, since I'm not willing to use Adobe's authorization process.

Hope maybe something here helps!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert