Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-15-2011, 03:05 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Validation error: media all ?

Hi

Using Sigil 0.4 beta 3 with Wine. When validating EPUB, I systematically obtain this kind of errors (see arrows) for my stylesheets.

I know it's not an important item, but... My question is: "What should be written here so that, FlightCrew feels happy?". I tried other values like "handheld", no better results. Other word more acceptable than "media" ?

I tried to understand
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/media.html

Last edited by roger64; 05-15-2011 at 03:22 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:55 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I don't see what's the problem there, it seems valid to me. Does it validate without the 'media="all"'? It might be a bug in FlightCrew...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2011, 04:27 AM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
I found here this text which could explain why all is not considered to be adequate. Maybe I could try screen. But I will ask the question.

Media dependencies
HTML allows authors to specify documents in a media-independent way. This allows users to access Web pages using a wide variety of devices and media, e.g., graphical displays for computers running Windows, Macintosh OS, and X11, devices for television sets, specially adapted phones and PDA-based portable devices, speech-based browsers, and braille-based tactile devices.

Style sheets, by contrast, apply to specific media or media groups. A style sheet intended for screen use may be applicable when printing, but is of little use for speech-based browsers. This specification allows you to define the broad categories of media a given style sheet is applicable to. This allows user agents to avoid retrieving inappropriate style sheets. Style sheet languages may include features for describing media dependencies within the same style sheet.

But here, they say all could be OK for stylesheets
http://www.w3.org/TR/html40/types.ht...ia-descriptors

Taking into account Jellby proposal, when suppressing media="all", FlightCrew seems to feel happy and reports no more mistake.

But if I change "all" by "screen", he still reports the same mistake.

You're right. Could be a bug.Now issue 887.

Last edited by roger64; 05-15-2011 at 08:17 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote