Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 02:39 PM   #1
Frogsmasha
Connoisseur
Frogsmasha began at the beginning.

O.J. Simpson "If I Did It" - download inside

I'm not 100% sure if this is the legit book, but it's available to download free of charge, and I'm also not sure wether or not the download is legal, but here it is.

<<Link removed due to copyright issues. Editor.>>

The link below is the story behind the leaked book.
http://torrentfreak.com/oj-simpsons-...to-bittorrent/
Old 06-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Why would anybody want to read this book anyway? There are not many books I've ever felt this strongly against. Even Mein Kampf has its uses as an insight into a sick and twisted mind. And I realize that OJ must have a sick and twisted mind also, but to try to hide behind a "if I did it" scenario when we all know that he did it and he knows that we know that he did it and is only trying to earn money from this book so that he can pay the civil suit damages to the survivors of his victims, is one step over the line for me.

With all the great books in the world, why anybody would be interested in this piece of s**t is beyond me!
Advert
Old 06-25-2007, 08:52 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Agreed 100%, David. Well said.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:08 AM   #4
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
oj is not the only twisted sick person in the world

watch jerry springer any day of the week to see the people that would stand in line to buy the oj book
Old 06-25-2007, 11:46 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
*Deleted*
Advert
Old 06-25-2007, 07:25 PM   #6
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post

watch jerry springer any day of the week to see the people that would stand in line to buy the oj book
You watch Jerry Springer? That's sick and twisted!! kidding... kidding...

I read a long diatribe by the editor about why she interviewed OJ for this book. I believe she was a murder victim survivor herself, and always felt OJ escaped justice. She decided to do this book to get a "confession" and bring about a form of justice for him.

Apparently there's a psychological mechanism that "makes" us want to confess, and it's often common for murderers to maintain their innoncence, but discuss the murder in terms of "well, IF I did it..." With this in mind, she approached OJ, and he agreed.

That's from memory. It was a very, very long explanation from the editor, and difficult to read, so I probably have some details wrong.

Okay, all that said, I believe the book is totally unethical. Even though I think the editor herself had good motives, the end result was ... dare I say ... evil. The Editor's justification for doing something wrong is just that: justification.

Never been so glad to see a link removed! (No offense Frog.)

-Pie
Old 06-26-2007, 12:04 AM   #7
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Watch Jerry Springer and you'll see people on their who should have been in the book as the victims.
Hi,

WOW!

I cannot seriously believe someone would post a comment like this here.

Not to mention by a staff member and a representative of this site too.

I have always enjoyed my time here even when the focus of the site has shifted from mobile sites and Isilo to Mobile book readers I still come here as one of my first stops in the morning but comments like this and other posts in this thread may change this.

David
Old 06-27-2007, 01:12 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpgliss View Post
Hi,

WOW!

I cannot seriously believe someone would post a comment like this here.

Not to mention by a staff member and a representative of this site too.

I have always enjoyed my time here even when the focus of the site has shifted from mobile sites and Isilo to Mobile book readers I still come here as one of my first stops in the morning but comments like this and other posts in this thread may change this.

David
it was just a joke. I am sorry if you took it the wrong way.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:29 AM   #9
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Hi,

Bad judgment and a viciousness that falls more in line with the subject of the book you are referring to.

You say joke and I see it as the above.

Joking about viewers of a TV show that deserve to be murder victims because of the show they choose to watch is absolutely unfathomable to me.

This thread is about being outraged by this book and still no one is outraged by your comment here has me looking to not stop here any longer.

I have enjoyed my stay here but the bad judgment of leaving your comment in place has made the decision necessary and distressing as I have long and fond memories of this site.

Alex, good luck here and all the best as you have been nothing but first class and this makes me sad I will no longer be a frequent visitor and participant here any longer.

I am sure I will stop to see things once in a while but I feel I need to move on after this.

David
Old 06-27-2007, 04:07 AM   #10
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
OK, let's loosen up a bit. I, for one, don't want to have to watch what I say so closely for fear there is a critical parent watching. We understand there was nothing malevolent here. Nobody was attacked.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:15 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
David,

Don't you think that stopping using a forum that you enjoy just because you disagree with one post is rather a case of "cutting off your nose to spite your face"? We all enjoy "freedom of speech" in this forum, and Jon is entitled to make what was quite obviously a joke regardless of whether or not you find it amusing. He is certainly under no obligation to apologise to you or to anyone else for doing so.

We can agree to hold different opinions on matters, surely?
Old 06-27-2007, 06:15 AM   #12
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I agree with David, I found the comment by JS. Wolf offensive. There is nothing funny about a "joke" that suggests that guests on the Jerry Springer show should be hacked too death. I am not asking for an apology, I am just expressing my opinion.

I know that my use of multi-colored text may annoy some but I am just expressing my freedom of speech!
Old 06-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #13
Harpgliss
Member Retired

Hi,

I never asked for an apology and would not expect one.

The fact that people that feel it is O.K. for these type of "jokes" is what I find truly revolting even moreso than the subject of the thread.

HarryT, you and JsWolf are representatives of this site and an extension of Alex in a way and should exercise some decorum and restraint even in the type of posts you write.

I have a fine sense of humor, I think so any way but there is just something very insidious about the posting of the senseless slaughter of a human beings.

Even if it was a "joke" there strikes me as something more behind the comment that should not be expressed here on this forum.

Then again, two editors here feel swell with the comment and this is very telling of the current editorial swing here that I do not agree with and will not support with visiting and letting the ads appear on my screen to show my discord.

I will pop over here to see if things change but I feel there is something missing, integrity wise when these comments are tolerated and even defended when these are the types of comments the subject of said book might make and blow off as a joke.

Where would the outrage be then?

I feel very strongly these comments should not be tolerated and certainly not defended.

The " spite my nose" comment just shows the fact I really care of what I say and am feeling very well that I am not losing much in light of the defense by HarryT above.

For those whose moral compass is fine by these comments or "jokes" as they are labeled, that is for your conscience and I feel mine is clear by voicing my opinion and "free speech".

WOW, free speech and saying a certain part of the population is O.K. to be victims of a murderer.

Bit of a stretch for me.

David

Last edited by Harpgliss; 06-27-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:38 PM   #14
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hello,

My sincere apology to anyone who felt offended by an inappropriate joke made by one of our team members. JSWolf joined us only recently but he's been already doing a fantastic job behind the scenes helping us to improve MobileRead in any possible way. If anyone is to be blamed, it is surely I because I failed to instruct him and all our other new members on what is appropriate and what is not at MobileRead. I promise I try to improve on this aspect.

David, you've been one of our most loyal members who has helped us form MobileRead into what it is today. I highly respect you and I hope that you can accept my apology.

Best,
Alex
Old 06-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #15
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post

if anyone is to blame for the bad jokes it is i who first mentioned jerry springer

jswolf's quite funny joke was just an extension of that thought
Closed Thread