Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Inside "Edit Metadata" - hotkey for Next Book ?

Hi All
Anyone know of a hotkey combo for going to the next books metadata ?
Want to make sure before I make an enhancement request.
Scenario:
Just added 10 books, want to ensure metadata is OK before downloading extra metadata, covers etc, AND converting.
So I select first book, press e - look at the data - the book's fine and I have to use mouse/mousepad to click the Next button to verify data for next book.
Small thing, but IMHO would be so nice.
TIA,

Edit: Will play with my "mouse" SW and see if I can set more than one "snap to" option.
Running windows, it snaps to Ok button right now. SURPRISE !!!

Last edited by pchrist7; 03-10-2011 at 10:59 AM.
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:39 AM   #2
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
+1

I second the motion, a hotkey for "next" and "previous" would be very handy.

Thanxx, Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:12 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Kovid is doing it. The current source uses ALT-LeftArrow and ALT-RightArrow. I don't know if those will be what is finally released.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Talking Amazing !

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Kovid is doing it. The current source uses ALT-LeftArrow and ALT-RightArrow. I don't know if those will be what is finally released.
Hi Chaley
SO good news ! Minor thing, but SO cool.
Looking forward to yet another enhancement from the bestest software team in the World.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post
Hi Chaley
SO good news ! Minor thing, but SO cool.
Looking forward to yet another enhancement from the bestest software team in the World.
There are also some very nice enhancements to the recipe scheduling code that should arrive with the next release.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
pchrist7
Addict

Too dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
There are also some very nice enhancements to the recipe scheduling code that should arrive with the next release.
Hi Starson17
Will probably help a lot users, other than me, since I'm so old school that books are it on my K3.
Anyways, I'm getting too dizzy spinning around the "thank you" pole

Hmmm, could maybe, just maybe, be related to the vacation beers... naaaaw!

Yet again, I'll be spinning whenever the next brilliant idea/implementation is released.
Hope you all have a nice weekend, AND a happy Calibre rease
Cheers, Per
Old 03-18-2011, 04:54 AM   #7
pchrist7
Addict

One more wish
When doing the above mentioned operation, a Save button/hotkey would be so neat !
The Ok does save but....you also close the edit metadata window.
A bit late, I know, but ...
Old 03-18-2011, 06:11 AM   #8
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post
One more wish
When doing the above mentioned operation, a Save button/hotkey would be so neat !
The Ok does save but....you also close the edit metadata window.
A bit late, I know, but ...
Last time I tested, which is just now, advancing to the next or previous entry also saves the edits to the current entry, so a save button would be somewhat redundant.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #9
pchrist7
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Last time I tested, which is just now, advancing to the next or previous entry also saves the edits to the current entry, so a save button would be somewhat redundant.
Sorry, will have to test again. You could very well be right.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
It had better save, or I have made a big pile of do do out of my Library Metadata.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #11
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
It does. I tested before I posted.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:40 AM   #12
pchrist7
Addict

Red face I stand corrected

Quote:
It does. I tested before I posted.
Hi All
Of course yuo're right.
Dont know what happened to my yes/brain

Edit: After "almost successfull" search and replace actions, had a trailing space to the titles, so edit book 1, remove space, update titlesort,next etc. etc. and that didn't "save" the change when I went backwords to check using Alt+Leftarrow.
Hmm, maybe I wasn't that "Stupid" ? Should have mentioned this in my post. Sorry.

Last edited by pchrist7; 03-19-2011 at 09:05 AM.