Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
Vodzurk
Mooohar!
Vodzurk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Dilbert + xkcd missing right hand side

Hi guys,

Am loving Calibre, but with my PRS-600, viewing the Dilbert or xkcd feeds on the device as EPUB, I get the right hand side cut off. Am I missing some setting?

If I switch to LRF, they work fine, just so far for everything else, I've prefered EPUB.

I've attached images of how it looks, if that helps make sense of what I'm saying.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dilbert.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	45819   Click image for larger version

Name:	xkcd.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	45820  
Vodzurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
WHat output profile do you have in the conversion settings?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
Vodzurk
Mooohar!

Allooo,

I've "Sony Reader".

I've also tried changing the left and right margins to 0.0pt and 10.00pt... to no avail.

Edit: Ooh, and it's showing the same problem if on portrait or landscape.

Last edited by Vodzurk; 02-19-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Can you open a ticket and attach one of the downloaded dilbert epub files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #5
jmaloney
Connoisseur
jmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader Touch
FYI, I saw the same thing with xkcd. I haven't tried anything else yet.

And it looks like there's already a ticket for this bug.

Last edited by jmaloney; 02-19-2010 at 09:07 PM.
jmaloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #6
jmaloney
Connoisseur
jmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader Touch
Looks like it's better in 0.6.42, but there's still a slight bit of cutoff (basically the right border of the final panel). The comic itself is unaffected; everything's readable, and all the content is there. It's more an aesthetic issue now.

Thanks for the quick fix!
jmaloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:34 AM   #7
Vodzurk
Mooohar!

Wow, that was a quick fix!