Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
gai-jin
gai-jin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Filter on "No Format Available"?

In throwing my various ebook folders into calibre, I've ended up with multiple copies of some books, in different formats, and others I ended up with books named differently but otherwise exact copies of the files.

I ran a de-dup app to remove the exact duplicate files, and now I have a bunch of entries in calibre that have all the metadata, but no actual file associated with them. Is there a "Format:" search that I could use to find books without any formats at all? Or some other way to search for metadata not bound to a book?
gai-jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In calibre 0.6 you can do format:false
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
gai-jin

I just tried this after installing .64 today, and it's not working. I definitely have some that show 'none' for formats when I select the book, but when I search "Format:False" it doesn't display any results.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:21 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Works fine for me as long as put the terms in lower case (as given by Kovid) and not with a leading capital letter.

It is possible this is a bug and it is meant to be case independent?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:04 AM   #5
gai-jin

Even without the capitals, I'm still not getting any results.
Advert