Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-15-2023, 04:49 PM   #2986
ppirx
ppirx began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 (90D4 XXXX) 5.12.2.2 - & - tolino shine3
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppirx View Post
And i have an new question, how do you guys copy books through wifi from a nas to your kindle, or is there a filemanager wich can handle this you can recommend?
Holy Moly! Just found out, that the KOreader does it all aswell! could download over ftp (Cloud Storage Settings) from my NAS.
ppirx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 03:40 PM   #2987
tudorcris
tudorcris began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Exclamation Doesnt Work

Hello.

Installing the custom screensavers doesn't work.
I click on the button to install the MR packages, and then after it fails, saying that it deletes the package. Not only that, but when extracting the archive, my unzipper program gives a warning that it is corrupted. Any fixes?
For now, I would like to use the earlier 24 version, but i cant seem to find it anywhere. Thanks.
tudorcris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2023, 10:51 PM   #2988
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Does this still work? I tried installing twice on my Kindle Scribe running 5.16.2.0.1 and no dice.

The package I used was: Update_linkss_0.25.N_install_pw2_and_up.bin

put it in /mnt/us/mrpackages ; turned off USBNet, went to KUAL and hit 'install mrpackages' text scrolled by so quickly I have no idea what it said, but after the reboot I have a text file called "KPPMainAPPV2" with some numbers at the end as a log file of some sort, default screensavers and no new folder at the root directory to add new screensavers. Does it not work on the scribe or this firmware version?

Apparently after reading "https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=356888, it seems the screensaver hack doesn't work on the Scribe?

Should I reinstall the latest hotfix now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
You've probably managed to install or partially install something that's not supported by your device (e.g., the ScreenSavers or Fonts hacks), and now it's broken the common scripts because they're picking up an FBInk binary that doesn't support your device.

Remove the linkss & linkfonts folders, reinstall the JB hotfix and it should behave.

EDIT: Nope, that was (probably) an actual bug in FBInk . I've pushed updated snapshots which should fix it.
Want to make sure my Scribe is strong and powerful for years to come lol :P

Last edited by arooni; 12-18-2023 at 11:02 PM.
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 12:42 PM   #2989
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
No, it isn't supported on FW version with native custom screensaver support (and that was, like 5.12 or even earlier?); so, yes, it will fail to install. That's perfectly harmless.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 06:04 PM   #2990
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
No, it isn't supported on FW version with native custom screensaver support (and that was, like 5.12 or even earlier?); so, yes, it will fail to install. That's perfectly harmless.
Native custom screensaver support? How does this work? I didn't see any option in the Kindle settings, but I don't have the device in front of me. Would love to swap them out with something more exciting.

Sounds like I don't need to reinstall your hotfix then. I appreciate all your help!
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2023, 06:16 PM   #2991
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
It only works when reading a book in Kindle reader - you can set the cover of the book as a screensaver.
If you use KOReader to read, then just use its screensavers.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 07:50 AM   #2992
Kanzar
Kanzar began at the beginning.

Device: PW3 5.10.2 - JB
Is it possible to make a version that does the personal info thing only, and not touch the cover, seeing as the newer firmwares support cover display?

Personal info seems to display ok...
Kanzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 01:08 PM   #2993
amico86
amico86 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW5
I installed ScreenSavers Hack on my Kindle PW5 16 Gb (FW 5.16.2.1.1) skipping the FW check. And it works fine in the default mode. Thank you!

I found and converted more than 300 screensavers and it turned out they will only work in a random mode.

However the random mode doesn't work on FW 5.16.2.1.1. Do you have any suggestions, how can I fix the issue?
amico86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 01:24 PM   #2994
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
The ScreenSavers Hack is not compatible with firmware that provides similar functionality. I don't think any firmware for PW5 is old enough to be compatible.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 10:10 AM   #2995
Brynwall
Enthusiast
Brynwall began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
New Hack?

*posted in wrong thread

Last edited by Brynwall; 01-13-2024 at 09:43 PM.
Brynwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 11:07 AM   #2996
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Whut?

Did you... even *read* the thread titles?
Old 01-13-2024, 09:45 AM   #2997
greenleaf
greenleaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (1st gen)
Backlight on with screensaver?

I'm using an old Kindle Paperwhite as a display for Home Assistant and it's working great! The only downside is that the display is a bit dim.

Anyone know if it's possible to force the backlight to stay on while the screensaver is active? This Kindle Paperwhite is going to remain plugged in so power and battery life is less of a concern.
greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 11:29 AM   #2998
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenleaf View Post
I'm using an old Kindle Paperwhite as a display for Home Assistant and it's working great! The only downside is that the display is a bit dim.

Anyone know if it's possible to force the backlight to stay on while the screensaver is active? This Kindle Paperwhite is going to remain plugged in so power and battery life is less of a concern.
Disable sleep and use FBink to display whatever information you like.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 01:06 PM   #2999
NiLuJe
BLAM!

^ This.
Old 01-14-2024, 08:10 AM   #3000
greenleaf
greenleaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (1st gen)
FBink

wow, i dig it. I need to explore this some more. Thank you for your hard work building all these packages. It's given new life to my old Kindle.
greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch