Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #31
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Both models changed their ship dates together, again. Do you suppose that the models are actually the same, with the 3G version having the functionality switched on (or a card put in)? Looks likely to me.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #32
namebrandon
Connoisseur
namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: Kindle WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thornton View Post
The ship date has just moved to September 17.
I just saw that.. My wife ordered one about a week ago, and her email said September 15, so I guess Amazon still must be getting orders if they've got to keep pushing back the date..
namebrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 05:15 PM   #33
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
i should have added "i hope the dates are accurate"
i recall when i ordered mine the date on the Kindle page was possibly, might be, should be September 4 although in their email the message was "we'll let you know when we ship".
so, based on this, that "tentative" schedule ought to be more or less right.

Last edited by TenaciousBadger; 08-20-2010 at 05:20 PM.
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:21 PM   #34
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
"expected to dispatch on or before" is what that UK says.

Amazon are usually pretty good about being conservative about how long such things will take - so as to delight their customers when they're early.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:11 PM   #35
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I hope this isn't too off topic...but are signatures going to be required for the delivery? I've never had to sign for anything from Amazon before...so hoping this won't be any different.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 08:32 PM   #36
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
No, it shouldn't be, not at that amount. $400 is the Amazon signature limit.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:41 PM   #37
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I ordered mine on July 28 (Happy Anniversary to me!) and I don't have a shipping date but I expect to see my K3 on Aug 28 (paid for the $3.99 overnight shipping). Maybe Aug 27 if I'm really lucky!
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #38
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
No, it shouldn't be, not at that amount. $400 is the Amazon signature limit.
Thank you!
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:46 PM   #39
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
July 30 Order in US

I ordered on July 30 at the US Amazon site. I elected the free shipping option.

The Kindle shows this: "We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. It will ship separately. You can cancel at any time."

The cover shows this: "Shipping Estimate: August 31, 2010."

My guess is that both will be sent out on the same day in the same package and it appears it will be Aug 31.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:54 PM   #40
kathyfitz
Electronics Whore
kathyfitz doesn't litterkathyfitz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone5, Kindle3
I ordered on July 30th, so I should be in the first batch, but I have not heard one way or the other. I am only getting a little anxious! Patience had never been my strong suit!

My cover though has an expected delivery date of August 31, this is with Prime. I was hoping they would arrive together. Maybe the cover will arrive early? (Because I really don't want the Kindle to arrive late!)
kathyfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:19 PM   #41
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Oh no, starting to panic. I ordered on the 30th, but it said on or before Aug 27th. If I don't have it for next weekend . . . I guess I will survive.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:16 AM   #42
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
I hope this isn't too off topic...but are signatures going to be required for the delivery? I've never had to sign for anything from Amazon before...so hoping this won't be any different.
That depends. I'm an Amazon Prime member, which means that I get everything next day free shipping. I have to sign for everything (or rather, my next door neighbour does, since I'm normally out at work!)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:19 AM   #43
marcosv
marcosv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 1, Nexus 7 (2013)
FWIW, I got an email announcing the cover just shipped (August 20).

No indication of a ship date for the K3 itself (which I ordered on July 28th).
marcosv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #44
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosv View Post
FWIW, I got an email announcing the cover just shipped (August 20).

No indication of a ship date for the K3 itself (which I ordered on July 28th).
Which cover did you buy--lighted or non-lighted? I bought the non-lighted cover with K3 WiFi on July 28. No word on either yet, not that I expect to hear until late next week, but my cover is still showing a date of September 1 to 3 and no date on the K3 of course.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #45
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
might mean nothing

I ordered July 29. Later I was thinking about how happy I was I had a warranty when my laptop screen failed 10 days before the warranty quit, so I went back and added the extended warranty. It shows up as a second purchase.

Last week the warranty started listing a delivery date of August 16-19. Today it has the same delivery date but it now says the purchase in being processed and cannot be cancelled.

Do they have to do something to the Kindles--load them or something? Could this mean they are working on it? Oh, it may mean nothing at all but I have hope.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote