Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 07:23 AM   #1
tracey9
tracey9 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tracey9 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tracey9 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Iliad
Angry Diesel eBook: Manual Authorisation

Hello, I purchased 10 ebooks from Diesel eBook 5 days ago, and still don't have access to my books. This was my first purchase through this website, and I continue to get a message advising that I need to allow 24hrs for 'manual authorisation'.

I've sent 3 emails now through the Customer Support section of their website, and haven't received a reply.

I am located in Australia, and one of the books was removed from the order due to copyright issues, but I can't imagine this would be the reason for the delay.

I was wondering whether anyone else has experienced any difficulties with purchases from the Diesel eBook store or could offer any help or guidance.

I spent a considerable amount of money in my purchase, and am very frustrated that I don't have my books.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #2
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
I've purchased 3-4 times through Diesel with no problems. Including one instance where I contacted customer service, and received a prompt reply, (and refund).

You are 15 hours ahead of US time, so any emails before Tuesday (your time) would have fallen on a weekend.

Please keep us updated.
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
tracey9
tracey9 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tracey9 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tracey9 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks for your response Angst. It's now been 7 days since my purchase and I still don't have access to my downloads. Noone has responded to any of the three emails I sent through the Support Centre, or the ticket number I raised. In fact, the status of my ticket still remains 'unread' according to the Ticket Details.

I think this is terrible service and completely unacceptable. Is anyone here able to help or know of anyone who works for Diesel eBooks? Does anyone have a phone number I could ring (can't seem to find one on the website).

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #4
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sorry, I've never dealt with Diesel ebooks. You could try contacting them here at MR; send an email or private message.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/member.php?u=2743
Old 09-26-2009, 08:05 AM   #5
tracey9

Hi, I haven't been able to open the website for the past 12 hrs, anyone else having this problem? I'm starting to worry that they took my money and I'm not going to get my books.
Advert
Old 09-26-2009, 08:26 AM   #6
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
The website seems ok to me.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #7
Diesel eBooks
Enthusiast
Diesel eBooks began at the beginning.

Tracey, just sent you a personal message.

Scott
Diesel eBooks
Old 10-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #8
tracey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel eBooks View Post
Tracey, just sent you a personal message.

Scott
Diesel eBooks
Apart from a personal message through this site from Scott asking for my ticket number, (which I provided within 4 hrs of the message above) nothing else has happened with my enquiry.

I haven't heard anything further from Scott, and it's now been more than 2 weeks since my purchase of 10 ebooks from Diesel eBooks. Noone has responded to my 3 emails to the Support Centre or the ticket raised and multiple replies I've added in the last 2 weeks in a bid to gain access to my purchase!

I can't believe this is happening. I can't understand how such a large company can ignore my desperate pleas for assistance for two weeks, after a considerable purchase was made.

Scott, if you're still out there, please help me!!!! I was really hoping you could rescue me from this situation, but there's been no further progress, update or communication from you.

If I don't hear from you or your company soon, I will need to ask for a refund from Diesel eBooks.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #9
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
At this point, I would go to your credit card company and try to get a refund from them. You've attempted contacting Diesel directly with almost zero success. You have managed to get them to respond once (likely only because you made a complaint about them in a public forum), but nothing further has happened. Contact your CC company and let them know what's going on and they should gladly refund your money. If Scott wants to dispute it, he'll have to explain his company's (in)actions to the CC company.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:26 AM   #10
tracey9

Thanks for your advice. My threats of wanting a refund might have worked. I finally received a response from Diesel ebooks, with an apology. It would seem one of their staff had a baby resulting in a delay in responding to tickets raised.

I now have access to all of my downloaded books, however this experience has not given me much faith in their company.

At least I have my books now.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:21 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey9 View Post
Thanks for your advice. My threats of wanting a refund might have worked. I finally received a response from Diesel ebooks, with an apology. It would seem one of their staff had a baby resulting in a delay in responding to tickets raised.

I now have access to all of my downloaded books, however this experience has not given me much faith in their company.

At least I have my books now.
This is troubling news, as I was thinking of purchasing Thomas Pynchon's new novel, "Inherent Vice." It's expensive - $28.00.

Diesel is the only place that I can find it.

Can anyone confirm that NO ONE ELSE IS PREGNANT AND ABOUT TO HAVE A BABY at this company?

Don
Old 10-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #12
Diesel eBooks
Enthusiast
Diesel eBooks began at the beginning.

We've finished making babies at Diesel (I think), but that wasn't the issue here. We simply dropped the ball - myself included. As business continues to increase and we add personnel it's sometimes a challenge to ramp up training. We're very sorry and we will try harder.

PS. We've put "Inherent Vice" on sale for the next 30 days.

Scott
Old 10-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #13
jeremy_ahn
Banned
jeremy_ahn began at the beginning.

Device: any
vin diesel wrote a book? is it good, bros?
Old 10-07-2009, 06:00 AM   #14
tracey9

Thanks for your honest post Scott. You have restored my faith in your company, and I may be back soon after all.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:23 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel eBooks View Post
We've finished making babies at Diesel (I think), but that wasn't the issue here. We simply dropped the ball - myself included. As business continues to increase and we add personnel it's sometimes a challenge to ramp up training. We're very sorry and we will try harder.

PS. We've put "Inherent Vice" on sale for the next 30 days.

Scott
Thanks for the information on "Inherent Vice," by Thomas Pynchon.

Also, those covers for the old Harlequin Romances are STUNNING. I gag on Romances (I actually read a Harlequin because a friend of mine published a Harlequin), but those covers have me salivating. They look like wonderful noir titles.

Don
Closed Thread

Tags
diesel, ebook