Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-19-2009, 12:13 AM   #1
persiphone
Enthusiast
persiphone began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Smile Sony Ebook Reader Software

I am sure this has probably been asked 1000 times, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere on the web or browsing through the forums. Are there any other programs, besides Calibre or the Sony one, that I could get to upload the books to my reader that I would be able to better organize my books and convert them, basically have all the greatness of calibre, but with a feature of being able to better organize my books through a filing system of like adding categories for the books and maybe even having a checkmark to where I can mark the books I have read that I still want to leave on my reader for friends to use. Or if it's possible to do this in Calibre could someone please tell me how. I have had my reader for a year now and I absolutely love it, just wish that I had more organizational tools for it...the sony software just plain sucks.
persiphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
karo02
Enthusiast
karo02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
You can use the "tag field" with Calibre to add any kind of information you want : I use it for categories, read/unread and languages.
Tags are converted in Collections when transferring the books to the reader, so you can easily access them on the reader.
karo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert