Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-02-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Epub and pagebreaks

Since I am doing my epub with Calibre, I thought there may be someone around here to help me with a problem that I am quite stuck with. Well, you know, I can't get the epubs to recognize any pagebreaks (before chapters, for example) Does anyone know what to do, as I would like to use that feature (if it exists for epub, of course) Thanks a lot.

Would something like this

<div style="page-break-before: always;"></div> or
<span style="page-break-before: always;"></span>

do?
Cause it seems it's just ignoring this tag.

A blind <hr> tag is just no solution for me

Last edited by mtravellerh; 11-02-2008 at 04:50 PM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I don't know how to do pagebreaks. However, Calibre will typically put each chapter in a separate file and this automatically adds a pagebreak before the chapter. If this isn't happening, then the default chapter detection scheme isn't working in your case. Note that ADE places limits on single HTML file size within the ePub on the PRS-505, so splitting on chapter boundaries is recommended by Adobe to avoid this limit.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2008, 04:54 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The calibre viewer doesn't render page breaks and the adobe DE rendering of page breaks is rather buggy. THe safest way to generate page breaks is to put each chapter into a separate file
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Okay. Thanks. Will do.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote