Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-04-2016, 02:20 PM   #1
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
The Liminality Series - FREE at Smashwords

"Root" (The Liminality Series, Book 1 of 4)

Life has never been more awful for young James Moody. Between social isolation and a series of family tragedies he manages to mostly stay cheerful, but in his darkest hours he finds his soul transported to 'Root,' a way station for souls in transition. When his lapses become more frequent and Reapers attempt to hasten his transit to the land of the dead, he finds salvation in a community of dream weavers who defy the powers-that-be by exploiting the loopholes of the after lands. Is there life after death?

All four books in this series are available for free at Smashwords. Book 5 (Loom) is currently being serialized at Wattpad.

Last edited by ASparrow; 02-04-2016 at 05:42 PM.
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:41 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Thanks for being honest.
Since I don't read on Wattpad, I won't bother with reading the first four since I can't get the fifth at the same place.
Also because they are all free, it tells me you don't think much of your own writing.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:41 PM   #3
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Thanks for being honest.
Since I don't read on Wattpad, I won't bother with reading the first four since I can't get the fifth at the same place.
Also because they are all free, it tells me you don't think much of your own writing.
There should be no worries about missing on number five because the fifth novel will posted to Smashwords once it's complete and re-edited. That's my modus operandi. Nobody can get the whole fifth book anyplace because it's not finished yet. Only eleven chapters of the latest book (Loom) are out of the draft stage thus far. I usually post about one chapter a week. I've been doing the whole series this way because it's a nice motivation to have folks waiting for the next chapter. And like I said, when it's done, it goes to Smashwords.

As for the free thing, it's true that I don't have a whole lot of self esteem. But that's just me and goes for every aspect of my life. I'm a musician too (bluegrass and jazz upright bassist). I play for people for free out of the pure joy of making music. I'm a pretty good bass player, but not a virtuoso.
I also do free product testing for a friend of mine who has patented a new mosquito repellent formulation, simply because I want to help him.

So I have the same attitude towards my writing. I already have a decent job so I don't need the extra income (or the fussing with taxes). But I actually like how I write and many readers do too, according to the reviews.

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by ASparrow; 02-04-2016 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:47 PM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
So where is book # 4? I can see books 1-3 on the Smashwords but # 4 seems to be missing. Or is # 4 the one titled "Penult?"
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:49 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASparrow View Post
There should be no worries about missing on number five because the fifth novel will posted to Smashwords once it's complete and re-edited. That's my modus operandi. Nobody can get the whole fifth book anyplace because it's not finished yet. Only eleven chapters of the latest book (Loom) are out of the draft stage thus far. I usually post about one chapter a week. I've been doing the whole series this way because it's a nice motivation to have folks waiting for the next chapter. And like I said, when it's done, it goes to Smashwords.

As for the free thing, it's true that I don't have a whole lot of self esteem. But that's just me and goes for every aspect of my life. I'm a musician too (bluegrass and jazz upright bassist). I play for people for free out of the pure joy of making music. I'm a pretty good bass player, but not a virtuoso.
I also do free product testing for a friend of mine who has patented a new mosquito repellent formulation, simply because I want to help him.

So I have the same attitude towards my writing. I already have a decent job so I don't need the extra income (or the fussing with taxes). But I actually like how I write and many readers do too, according to the reviews.

Thanks for the feedback!
Ok you win. You had me at taxes.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:52 PM   #6
ASparrow
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
So where is book # 4? I can see books 1-3 on the Smashwords but # 4 seems to be missing. Or is # 4 the one titled "Penult?"
Yup. Book number 4 is "Penult." I just went on Smashwords and altered the title to reflect that it is the fourth of The Liminality series.

Tags
afterlife, fantasy, free, purgatory, series