Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 04-14-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
Namtar
Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7, Kobo Touch, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Elonex EB500
Book Designer problem with making html, txt, doc formats

Hi All,

Has anyone had an issue creating text, doc or html formats from Book Designer. If so, how was it resolved.

Anytime i select the menu option for Conventional i get nothing happening.

I am running the latest version with the 30 July 07 update applied on Vista and Office 2007, but get the same problem on XP with Office 2003.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Steve
Namtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:58 AM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namtar View Post
Hi All,

Has anyone had an issue creating text, doc or html formats from Book Designer. If so, how was it resolved.

Anytime i select the menu option for Conventional i get nothing happening.

I am running the latest version with the 30 July 07 update applied on Vista and Office 2007, but get the same problem on XP with Office 2003.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Steve
I wouldn't know. All I get is no action whatsoever when I click on Conventional. IOW, yeah, there seems to be a problem there. However, one can always do a File|Save As and get the dialog for saving in HTML, Doc, RTF or TXT.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
Namtar
Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namtar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7, Kobo Touch, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Elonex EB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
I wouldn't know. All I get is no action whatsoever when I click on Conventional. IOW, yeah, there seems to be a problem there. However, one can always do a File|Save As and get the dialog for saving in HTML, Doc, RTF or TXT.

Derek
Thanks Derek ,

Never thought of looking in the obvious place. it works a treat though .

Cheers.
Namtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:09 AM   #4
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
I've got a slightly different question.

What to do people 'round here use to indicate text quoted from another source? For example, if a book has a section that is formatted like a quoted newspaper story. In BD, I tried to set the margins in a bit, but that generates html that MobiPocket Creator chokes on. (it works ok on BD's internal prc generator, though).

So, how do you use BD to format a paragraph like that?
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:46 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I generally separate such text from the body of the book with a blank line before and after, and put the quoted text in italics.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2008, 10:56 AM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have used the Epigraph formatting option with great results for this type of requirement. As a default it sets the font to italic and brings in both margins.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookdesigner