Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-01-2016, 10:50 AM   #241
ntanvinh
ntanvinh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi tshering. Could you please show me step by step how to replace default font (font displayed on menu and book list) by an Unicode font, Arial for example?
ntanvinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 03:56 PM   #242
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntanvinh View Post
Hi tshering. Could you please show me step by step how to replace default font (font displayed on menu and book list) by an Unicode font, Arial for example?
I cannot tell from the top of my head. I think I did it with some firmware version, but cannot exactly remember. One would have to go through this thread and look for it.
One problem with assigning a user font to the menu and the book list is, that on power on only three fonts, which are provided by Kobo, are available to the system. The other fonts become available after opening a book (and depending on the case, you might even have to open the fonts menu).

If your main concern is to display in the library view book titles in languages that are not supported by kobo, all you have to do is to provide a font that supports the characters of that language. The software tries to select automatically a font that is appropriate. But...
(1) this works only after all fonts have become available to the software (you have to open first a book ...), cf. this thread.
(2) the software might not select the ideal font. You can help it to select your font by renaming the font file in order to put it towards the top of the list. Cf. this post, which is about KSM. But there is the same problem, since both the kobo software and KSM use the same framework (Qt). You might note that when I started writing that post, I did not yet understand that the alphabetical position of the font names is of importance.

Last edited by tshering; 07-02-2016 at 04:03 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2016, 05:02 PM   #243
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Modification for Bad Eyes FW 4.0.7523

I am not sure whether the bad eyes patch is meaningful for the Auro One. I prepared it anyway as sort of preparing for the next general firmware update. This package addresses the following main topics.
  • keyboard
  • search in dictionaries of extra languages (see this post for the idea)
  • dictionary (font size and dimensions of popup window)
  • increase font size by 30% (only in version 02)
  • no italics in library view

As for the extended keyboard, the package provides examples of Sanskrit IAS transcription (this one does not work correctly, as I found only later), Cyrillic, and Arabic. None of them is enabled by default.

As for the dictionary popup window of the Aura One, I did not change the values. Search in nickel.txt for "#I did no changes for Daylight", to find the part where you can set your values. If you find fitting values (take these pictures as a reference), please post them here, so that I can include them in the next package.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBPatcher15_4.0.7523.zip (489.6 KB, 217 views)
File Type: zip KBPatcher15_4.0.7523_02.zip (491.9 KB, 198 views)

Last edited by tshering; 10-15-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:08 PM   #244
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
I'm sure we need it soon. Thank you
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:50 PM   #245
tshering
Wizard

Modification for Bad Eyes FW 4.1.7729

Everything is basically the same as in Modification for Bad Eyes FW 4.0.7523.
If you did customise some patches for FW 4.0.7523, you can copy the changed patches to the patch files of the current version. The exception is the only patch under the heading "Library View, no italics" in nickel.txt. There, you have to use the new patch with the name "E2DC3(4.1.7729)."
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBPatcher15_4.1.7729.zip (489.5 KB, 246 views)
File Type: zip KBPatcher15_4.1.7729_02.zip (491.8 KB, 211 views)

Last edited by tshering; 10-15-2016 at 04:53 PM.
Advert
Old 10-15-2016, 12:47 PM   #246
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Everything is basically the same as in Modification for Bad Eyes FW 4.0.7523.
If you did customise some patches for FW 4.0.7523, you can copy the changed patches to the patch files of the current version. The exception is the only patch under the heading "Library View, no italics" in nickel.txt. There, you have to use the new patch with the name "E2DC3(4.1.7729)."
The patches to increase by 30% does not work in my GloHD with v.4.1.7729 or 4.0.7523

The another patches works fine.
Old 10-15-2016, 04:56 PM   #247
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
The patches to increase by 30% does not work in my GloHD with v.4.1.7729 or 4.0.7523
Thank you for telling. It did not work on any model. I simply forgot to include it. I have uploaded new versions.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:00 PM   #248
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
Thank you for telling. It did not work on any model. I simply forgot to include it. I have uploaded new versions.
Thank you. It works well except for pop-up menus. You know fix it?

This is the code of patch for pop-up menus on v 3.19.5761:
Spoiler:
Code:
<patch>
name=4A4032(3.19.5761)
enabled=true
action=replace_zlib
position=autodetect
oldpart=TouchMenu {\n  border: none;\n}\n
oldpart=NickelTouchMenu {\n  background-color: transparent;\n  margin: 14px;\n}\n
oldpart=MenuTextItem,\nMenuImageItem {\n  background-color: white;\n}\n
oldpart=MenuTextItem[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n  min-width: 200px;\n}\n
oldpart=MenuTextItem[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n  min-width: 220px;\n}\n
oldpart=MenuTextItem[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n  min-width: 300px;\n}\n
oldpart=#menuTextItemLabel {\n  font-family: Georgia;\n  font-style: italic;\n  background-color: white;\n}\n
oldpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_localeName="ja_JP"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifJP;\n  font-style: normal;\n}\n
oldpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n  font-size: 19px;\n}\n
oldpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n  font-size: 23px;\n}\n
oldpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n  font-size: 29px;\n}\n
oldpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n
oldpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n  min-height: 46px;\n  max-height: 46px;\n}\n
oldpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n  min-height: 56px;\n  max-height: 56px;\n}\n
oldpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n  min-height: 70px;\n  max-height: 70px;\n}\n
oldpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n  padding-top: 2px;\n  padding-bottom: 2px;\n}\n
oldpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n  padding-top: 3px;\n  padding-bottom: 3px;\n}\n
oldpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n  padding-top: 4px;\n  padding-bottom: 4px;\n}\n
newpart=TouchMenu {\n border: none;\n}\n
newpart=NickelTouchMenu {\n background-color: transparent;\n margin: 14px;\n}\n
newpart=MenuTextItem,\nMenuImageItem {\n background-color: white;\n}\n
newpart=MenuTextItem[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n min-width: 200px;\n}\n
newpart=MenuTextItem[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n min-width: 220px;\n}\n
newpart=MenuTextItem[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n min-width: 300px;\n}\n
newpart=#menuTextItemLabel {\n font-family: Sans-SerifJP;\n font-style: normal;\n background-color: white;\n}\n
//newpart=#menuTextItemLabel {\n font-family: Georgia;\n font-style: italic;\n background-color: white;\n}\n
newpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_localeName="ja_JP"] {\n font-family: Sans-SerifJP;\n font-style: normal;\n}\n
newpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n font-size: 22px;\n}\n
newpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n font-size: 29px;\n}\n
newpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n font-size: 50px;\n}\n
//newpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n font-size: 35px;\n}\n
newpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"] {\n font-size: 50px;\n}\n
//newpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"] {\n font-size: 41px;\n}\n
newpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n min-height: 46px;\n max-height: 46px;\n}\n
newpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n min-height: 56px;\n max-height: 56px;\n}\n
newpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n min-height: 70px;\n max-height: 70px;\n}\n
newpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n padding-top: 2px;\n padding-bottom: 2px;\n}\n
newpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n padding-top: 3px;\n padding-bottom: 3px;\n}\n
newpart=#menuTextItemLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n padding-top: 4px;\n padding-bottom: 4px;\n}\n
combineparts
</patch>
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	223
Size:	305.5 KB
ID:	152392  

Last edited by surquizu; 10-15-2016 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:23 PM   #249
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Thank you. It works well except for pop-up menus. You know fix it?

I did see that the pop-up menus do not work. I think this is since several FW versions so. I personally do something different: I installed a Japanese translation file, with only one translation, namely "Home" = "Home"* and I am choosing Japanese as user language. The effect is that a larger font is used for the GUI and that no italics are used. By the way the language displayed is English. The larger font makes the difference for me, I do not use the 30% increase. Together with the larger font the letters would be to large, especially in the library. I guess, you could simple rename your Catalan translation file to Japanese in order to have the same effect.

*The translation file must contain at least one translation. If not, it is not accepted.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:01 PM   #250
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
I did see that the pop-up menus do not work. I think this is since several FW versions so. I personally do something different: I installed a Japanese translation file, with only one translation, namely "Home" = "Home"* and I am choosing Japanese as user language. The effect is that a larger font is used for the GUI and that no italics are used. By the way the language displayed is English. The larger font makes the difference for me, I do not use the 30% increase. Together with the larger font the letters would be to large, especially in the library. I guess, you could simple rename your Catalan translation file to Japanese in order to have the same effect.

*The translation file must contain at least one translation. If not, it is not accepted.
Pity.

I do not understand your solution, but will watch with calm.

thanks
Old 10-15-2016, 07:51 PM   #251
tshering
Wizard

@surquizu
Have a look at this thread if you like.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:52 AM   #252
surquizu
Evangelist

Thanks @tshering. It works and I like it.

I just renamed the trans_ca.qm to trans_ja.qm, installed the patch and selected the Japanese language.

The side effect of the date shown in Japanese. Have you solved it?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_018.png
Views:	233
Size:	335.7 KB
ID:	152405  
Old 10-16-2016, 12:31 PM   #253
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks @tshering. It works and I like it.

I just renamed the trans_ca.qm to trans_ja.qm, installed the patch and selected the Japanese language.

The side effect of the date shown in Japanese. Have you solved it?

No I have not.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:34 PM   #254
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
This is the Modification for bad eyes' version of pipcat's "show games on Beta Features for Kobo Glo Hd" hack. Having no Glo HD, I did not test it myself.
Only for FW 3.19.5761!

Spoiler:
Add to nickel.txt
Code:
// -------------------------------------------------- enable games on Glo HD

<patch>
name=4A1388
note=idea by pipcat
note=cf. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274027
if $glohd
  enabled=true
else
  enabled=false
end
action=replace_zlib
position=autodetect
oldpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n  padding-right: 12px;\n}\n
oldpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n  padding-right: 15px;\n}\n
oldpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n  padding-right: 20px;\n}\n
oldpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
oldpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
oldpart=#boggleContainer,\n#solitaireContainer,\n#rushHourContainer,\n#sudokuContainer,\n#sketchPadContainer {\n  qproperty-bottomMargin: 10;\n}\n
oldpart=#boggleContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#solitaireContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#rushHourContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#sudokuContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#sketchPadContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
oldpart=#boggleContainer[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#solitaireContainer[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#rushHourContainer[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#sudokuContainer[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#sketchPadContainer[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
oldpart=#boggleDescription[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#solitaireDescription[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#rushHourDescription[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#browserDescription[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#sudokuDescription[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#scribbleDescription[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n  padding-top: 12px;\n  padding-bottom: 12px;\n}\n
oldpart=#boggleDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#solitaireDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#rushHourDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#browserDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#sudokuDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#scribbleDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n  padding-top: 15px;\n  padding-bottom: 15px;\n}\n
oldpart=#boggleDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#solitaireDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#rushHourDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#browserDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#sudokuDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#scribbleDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n  padding-top: 20px;\n  padding-bottom: 20px;\n}\n
newpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"] {\n  padding-right: 12px;\n}\n
newpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n  padding-right: 15px;\n}\n
newpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n  padding-right: 20px;\n}\n
newpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
newpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
newpart=#boggleContainer,\n#solitaireContainer,\n#rushHourContainer,\n#sudokuContainer,\n#sketchPadContainer {\n  qproperty-bottomMargin: 10;\n}\n
newpart=#boggleContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#solitaireContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#rushHourContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#sudokuContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#sketchPadContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
newpart=#boggleContainer[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#solitaireContainer[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#rushHourContainer[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#sudokuContainer[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#sketchPadContainer[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
newpart=#boggleDescription[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#solitaireDescription[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#rushHourDescription[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#browserDescription[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#sudokuDescription[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#scribbleDescription[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"] {\n  padding-top: 12px;\n  padding-bottom: 12px;\n}\n
newpart=#boggleDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#solitaireDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#rushHourDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#browserDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#sudokuDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#scribbleDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n  padding-top: 15px;\n  padding-bottom: 15px;\n}\n
newpart=#boggleDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#solitaireDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#rushHourDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#browserDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#sudokuDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#scribbleDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n  padding-top: 20px;\n  padding-bottom: 20px;\n}\n
combineparts
</patch>

Add to libnickel.so.1.0.0.txt
Code:
<patch>
name=Beta features, show second page
note=idea by pipcat
if $glohd
  enabled=true
else
  enabled=false
end
action=replace_string
position=986010
olddata=\x00
newdata=\x01
</patch>

Hi tshering,

Can you update the patch for version 4.1.7729?
-patch nickel: the autodetection patch gives me an error

Spoiler:
Code:
//                    Patching start: "nickel"
//////////////////////////////////////////////
patchit 0.15
loading D:\TEMP\KBPatcher15_4.1.7729_02\4_plus_source\nickel.txt
loading source file: D:\TEMP\KBPatcher15_4.1.7729_02\4_plus_source\nickel
3: (regular patch) 4A1388
  processing ...
ERROR:autodetect did not find position of the patch 4A1388
ERROR processing D:\TEMP\KBPatcher15_4.1.7729_02\4_plus_source\nickel.txt

-patch libnickel: I do not located the position of memory.

Thanks
Old 10-23-2016, 05:03 PM   #255
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Hi tshering,

Can you update the patch for version 4.1.7729?
-patch nickel: the autodetection patch gives me an error
Please try this:
Spoiler:
Code:
// -------------------------------------------------- enable games on Glo HD
<patch>
name=4C4572(4.0.7523)
note=idea by pipcat
enabled=true
action=replace_zlib
position=autodetect
oldpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n  padding-right: 12px;\n}\n
oldpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n  padding-right: 15px;\n}\n
oldpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n  padding-right: 20px;\n}\n
oldpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
oldpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
oldpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
oldpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsStar="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsStar="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
oldpart=#boggleContainer,\n#solitaireContainer,\n#rushHourContainer,\n#sudokuContainer,\n#sketchPadContainer {\n  qproperty-bottomMargin: 10;\n}\n
oldpart=#boggleContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#solitaireContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#rushHourContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#sudokuContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#sketchPadContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
oldpart=#boggleContainer[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#solitaireContainer[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#rushHourContainer[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#sudokuContainer[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#sketchPadContainer[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
oldpart=#boggleContainer[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#solitaireContainer[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#rushHourContainer[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#sudokuContainer[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#sketchPadContainer[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
oldpart=#boggleContainer[qApp_deviceIsStar="true"],\n#solitaireContainer[qApp_deviceIsStar="true"],\n#rushHourContainer[qApp_deviceIsStar="true"],\n#sudokuContainer[qApp_deviceIsStar="true"],\n#sketchPadContainer[qApp_deviceIsStar="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
oldpart=#boggleDescription[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#solitaireDescription[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#rushHourDescription[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#browserDescription[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#sudokuDescription[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#scribbleDescription[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n  padding-top: 12px;\n  padding-bottom: 12px;\n}\n
oldpart=#boggleDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#solitaireDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#rushHourDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#browserDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#sudokuDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#scribbleDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n  padding-top: 15px;\n  padding-bottom: 15px;\n}\n
oldpart=#boggleDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#solitaireDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#rushHourDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#browserDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#sudokuDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#scribbleDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n  padding-top: 20px;\n  padding-bottom: 20px;\n}\n
oldpart=#boggleDescription[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#solitaireDescription[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#rushHourDescription[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#browserDescription[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#sudokuDescription[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#scribbleDescription[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"] {\n  padding-top: 26px;\n  padding-bottom: 26px;\n}\n
oldpart=#browserContainer[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n  qproperty-bottomMargin: 10;\n}\n
# next line changed
newpart=#spacerWidget,\n#description {\n  padding-right: 12px;\n}\n
newpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n  padding-right: 15px;\n}\n
newpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n  padding-right: 20px;\n}\n
#
newpart=#spacerWidget,\n#description {\n  qproperty-visible: true;\n}\n
#newpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: true;\n}\n
#newpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
#newpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
#newpart=#spacerWidget[qApp_deviceIsStar="true"],\n#description[qApp_deviceIsStar="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
#
newpart=#boggleContainer,\n#solitaireContainer,\n#rushHourContainer,\n#sudokuContainer,\n#sketchPadContainer {\n  qproperty-bottomMargin: 10;\n}\n
newpart=#boggleContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#solitaireContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#rushHourContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#sudokuContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"],\n#sketchPadContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
#
#newpart=#boggleContainer[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#solitaireContainer[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#rushHourContainer[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#sudokuContainer[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"],\n#sketchPadContainer[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
#newpart=#boggleContainer[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#solitaireContainer[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#rushHourContainer[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#sudokuContainer[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#sketchPadContainer[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
#newpart=#boggleContainer[qApp_deviceIsStar="true"],\n#solitaireContainer[qApp_deviceIsStar="true"],\n#rushHourContainer[qApp_deviceIsStar="true"],\n#sudokuContainer[qApp_deviceIsStar="true"],\n#sketchPadContainer[qApp_deviceIsStar="true"] {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}\n
# next line changed
newpart=#boggleDescription,\n#solitaireDescription,\n#rushHourDescription,\n#browserDescription,\n#sudokuDescription,\n#scribbleDescription {\n  padding-top: 12px;\n  padding-bottom: 12px;\n}\n
#newpart=#boggleDescription[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#solitaireDescription[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#rushHourDescription[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#browserDescription[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#sudokuDescription[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"],\n#scribbleDescription[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n  padding-top: 12px;\n  padding-bottom: 12px;\n}\n
newpart=#boggleDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#solitaireDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#rushHourDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#browserDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#sudokuDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"],\n#scribbleDescription[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n  padding-top: 15px;\n  padding-bottom: 15px;\n}\n
newpart=#boggleDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#solitaireDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#rushHourDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#browserDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#sudokuDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"],\n#scribbleDescription[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n  padding-top: 20px;\n  padding-bottom: 20px;\n}\n
newpart=#boggleDescription[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#solitaireDescription[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#rushHourDescription[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#browserDescription[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#sudokuDescription[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"],\n#scribbleDescription[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"] {\n  padding-top: 26px;\n  padding-bottom: 26px;\n}\n
newpart=#browserContainer[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n  qproperty-bottomMargin: 10;\n}\n
combineparts
</patch>

Quote:
-patch libnickel: I do not located the position of memory.
Try position=7bafb8, if this does not work (that means if you cannot see the second page of beta features), try position=7baea6. I guess it is safe to test this. Nevertheless, it might be a good idea to backup anything you need, in case something happens.

Last edited by tshering; 10-23-2016 at 05:24 PM.