Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
Binkyboy
Binkyboy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
Unhappy Can we exchange the dictionary in the Nook touch with another?

Can we exchange the dictionary in the Nook Touch with another? If so how and which ones?

Thank you very much,
Dennis
Binkyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
maxiart
The Black-Hearted
maxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the husk

Device: Nook Simple Touch
If you root it, maybe. Unrooted, just no.
maxiart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiart View Post
If you root it, maybe. Unrooted, just no.
How do you root the Nook so you can use Android apps ?

(In Australia the word 'root' is slang for sexual activity)
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
Binkyboy
Binkyboy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
I would love to change dictionaries as I do not like the one that comes with the nook. I look up words that say the act of .......and such. I don`t know what the word they are referring to means either.....I`m just as lost as when I started. Maybe I`m just not intelligent enough to get it..I don`t know......
Binkyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:06 AM   #5
maxiart
The Black-Hearted
maxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the husk

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkyboy View Post
I would love to change dictionaries as I do not like the one that comes with the nook. I look up words that say the act of .......and such. I don`t know what the word they are referring to means either.....I`m just as lost as when I started. Maybe I`m just not intelligent enough to get it..I don`t know......
Thats the one big flaw of the dictionary, yes. One should be able to look up word definitions even while in the dictionary itself.

Alas, as it is currently, I believe there is just no way to do that. And even if you do get another dictionary, the chances are none will be as beautifully integrated as the stock one is.
maxiart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkyboy View Post
Not anything to do with intelligence it's all about education, experience and knowing what tools to use

Download 'WordWeb' to your computer

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...9l35fg&cad=rja

Any eBook your reading on the Nook, open the same eBook in Calibre then just click on the word and find the answers your looking for

This is more simple than it sounds, I jot down any word the Nook dictionary can't answer and look it up with WordWeb next time I'm on the computer

With WordWeb you can click on any word anywhere on your computer and have all the answers and definitions in thesaurus and dictionaries from all over the world

and it's free
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote