Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-18-2014, 07:23 AM   #1
kazakore
kazakore began at the beginning.

Device: none
Rooting Nook STG with firmware 1.2.1??

Wanted to root my Nook since I got it a month or two ago, in part to replace the terrible standard reader, in part for custom dictionaries. Finally managed to find a SD -> MicroSD adapter here in India (where I'm travelling and have got as far as making a full backup using the steps here upto no.8 ( http://nookdevs.com/Nook_Simple_Touch/Rooting/Manual ) but as the rooting procedure on there seems very basic with no included apps I thought I'd have a look at what was possible.

I think the Minimal install looks to be most suitable for me, but from the reading I've done it seems this and other Nooter Project procedures I can find only support firmware 1.0.0/1 or 1.1.0 and my device is running 1.2.1

Is there any process for rooting this device? Does the process from the page I used to backup the device work whatever the firmware version? If so I could always sideload ADW Launcher along with reader apps and dictionaries. But I don't really want to be risking things now knowing if they will break the device, even with a backup on my computer...
kazakore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
kazakore
kazakore began at the beginning.

Device: none
OK found a guide including 1.2,1 and will try when I find the time, hopefully this week...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2040351
kazakore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I used Nook Manager last summer to root a Nook ST. As I recall, it was easy. I just bought another one so I'll be doing it again. Have you rooted yours, yet?

Received NST today, rooted with NookManager today. Added Coolreader, my fonts, signed into the Amazon app store and got a couple of apps. Really nice piece of hardware.

Last edited by booklover6; 05-29-2014 at 02:29 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote