Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:45 AM   #91
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Ok, so first thing to do is lets move that file from the tools\scripts location to just the c:\Python25 folder. The reason we are doing this is that to eliminate any *path* errors we are trying to put everything into one location. So copy the mobidedrm2 file from c:\python25\tools\scripts to c:\python25.

As for determining what type of file it is: go back to a command prompt and do the cd c:\Python25. Once at c:\python25> we are going to do the following:

c:\python25>dir *.py

This will then list any py files that are in that folder. If mobidedrm2.py is not listed, then we know it is probably in txt format. To confirm, do this:

c:\python25>dir *.txt

This will show any txt files that are in the directory. If mobidedrm2 does show up this time then it is a txt file that we need to rename.

To rename the file, do this:

c:\python25>ren mobidedrm2.txt mobidedrm2.py

This should rename the file. You can do the dir *.py to confirm.

Now, make sure the book file you want to work with is in the c:\python25 directory also. Again, we want everything to be in the same place to rule out *path* issues.

Finally, run the command:
c:\python25>mobidedrm.py infile outfile PID

*************EDIT

Hey Nohmi! Leep let me know that he's been working with you via email and that your py file is good and your PID is good. So we can ignore most of this above as I was trying to determine if your py file was in good shape.

I still think there is some sort of path issue. To figure that out, I want to put both relevant files in the same folder. So, you can leave the py file where it is at, in the Tools\Scripts folder but I'd like you to copy your book to that folder with it. So then, once you've copied your book.prc into the c:\python25\tools\scripts folder we will run the command and see what information you get. So from a command prompt again:
>cd c:\python25\Tools\Scripts
c:\python25\Tools\Scripts>mobidedrm2.py infile outfile PID

Let me know what kind of error this gives.

Last edited by texasnightowl; 08-26-2008 at 09:49 PM. Reason: More Info
Old 08-27-2008, 04:22 AM   #92
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Thumbs up Gratitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
Ok, so first thing to do is lets move that file from the tools\scripts location to just the c:\Python25 folder. The reason we are doing this is that to eliminate any *path* errors we are trying to put everything into one location. So copy the mobidedrm2 file from c:\python25\tools\scripts to c:\python25.

As for determining what type of file it is: go back to a command prompt and do the cd c:\Python25. Once at c:\python25> we are going to do the following:

c:\python25>dir *.py

This will then list any py files that are in that folder. If mobidedrm2.py is not listed, then we know it is probably in txt format. To confirm, do this:

c:\python25>dir *.txt

This will show any txt files that are in the directory. If mobidedrm2 does show up this time then it is a txt file that we need to rename.

To rename the file, do this:

c:\python25>ren mobidedrm2.txt mobidedrm2.py

This should rename the file. You can do the dir *.py to confirm.

Now, make sure the book file you want to work with is in the c:\python25 directory also. Again, we want everything to be in the same place to rule out *path* issues.

Finally, run the command:
c:\python25>mobidedrm.py infile outfile PID

*************EDIT

Hey Nohmi! Leep let me know that he's been working with you via email and that your py file is good and your PID is good. So we can ignore most of this above as I was trying to determine if your py file was in good shape.

I still think there is some sort of path issue. To figure that out, I want to put both relevant files in the same folder. So, you can leave the py file where it is at, in the Tools\Scripts folder but I'd like you to copy your book to that folder with it. So then, once you've copied your book.prc into the c:\python25\tools\scripts folder we will run the command and see what information you get. So from a command prompt again:
>cd c:\python25\Tools\Scripts
c:\python25\Tools\Scripts>mobidedrm2.py infile outfile PID

Let me know what kind of error this gives.
Thanks for the help, it's working. Have a ton of books that I want to convert.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:47 AM   #93
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
Thanks for the help, it's working. Have a ton of books that I want to convert.
Have printed out your letter and will do as instructed.
Leep has been so encouraging, and an inspiration to keep on plugging away.
I am so happy that I found Mobileread.

Thought. Okay Nohmi, it isn't Oscar's Night.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:59 AM   #94
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
Have printed out your letter and will do as instructed.
Leep has been so encouraging, and an inspiration to keep on plugging away.
I am so happy that I found Mobileread.

Thought. Okay Nohmi, it isn't Oscar's Night.
O.K. Command Prompt tells me that mobidedrm2.py is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch.

Then goes back to cd c:\Python25 etc.

Got file and book in Python\Tools\Scripts folder.
Command Prompt then cheerfully tells me that it does not recognise ' infile' nor 'outfile'.
I feel as if I'm teasing a tiger here and truly do not want to muck-up.
Orthodox Coward......that's me!!!!

Last edited by nohmi2; 08-27-2008 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Second Try.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:31 PM   #95
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey Nohmi! Not sure if the above are out of order or not? Also, Leep let me know you got it working? At least converted 2 books? Or are you still struggling?

So, with the book in the same location as the mobidedrm2 file (c:\python25\tools\scripts) when you go to the command prompt and do "cd c:\python25\tools\scripts" and enter and then at "c:\python25\tools\scripts>" you type mobidedrm.py book.prc newbook.prc PID and that is where it told you it didn't recognize the files? Does the file name have spaces in it? If so, make sure to use quotes around it like "book name.prc".
Old 08-28-2008, 01:16 AM   #96
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
Hey Nohmi! Not sure if the above are out of order or not? Also, Leep let me know you got it working? At least converted 2 books? Or are you still struggling?

So, with the book in the same location as the mobidedrm2 file (c:\python25\tools\scripts) when you go to the command prompt and do "cd c:\python25\tools\scripts" and enter and then at "c:\python25\tools\scripts>" you type mobidedrm.py book.prc newbook.prc PID and that is where it told you it didn't recognize the files? Does the file name have spaces in it? If so, make sure to use quotes around it like "book name.prc".
The whole thing is working as if it is charmed.
Revenge is sweet. You have no idea how much fun I've today converting books. I'm like a kid with a new toy.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #97
texasnightowl
Guru

Yay! Glad you're having fun now! You're welcome!
Old 09-25-2008, 05:24 AM   #98
elece
elece began at the beginning.

Device: mobipocket
Hello
I don't know if this is the correct thread for my question (probably not) but the problem is that I only want to get rid of the drm from a mobipocket book I bought to be able to read it with a reader that does not allow drm management: Stanza or Bookshelf for the iPhone.
I have downloaded mobidedrm and activepython but I get an error syntax message after executing the following line in Python Interactive Shell:

"python mobidedrm.dy ldoce_mobi.prc newldoce_mobi.prc 7X4FVNR$NP"

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

When I execute it from the pythonWin I get the following:

MobiDeDrm v0.02. Copyright (c) 2008 The Dark Reverser
Error: no key found. maybe the PID is incorrect

with any of the three PID I registered

I get the same error without python at the beginning

Any help or redirection to the correct thread.

Thank you very much.

Last edited by elece; 09-25-2008 at 07:14 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #99
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Where did you buy it? Did you register the PID with the store? If not, register the PID with the store and then re-download it.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #100
texasnightowl
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by elece View Post
I have downloaded mobidedrm and activepython but I get an error syntax message after executing the following line in Python Interactive Shell:

"python mobidedrm.dy ldoce_mobi.prc newldoce_mobi.prc 7X4FVNR$NP"

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

When I execute it from the pythonWin I get the following:

with any of the three PID I registered

I get the same error without python at the beginning

Any help or redirection to the correct thread.

Thank you very much.
With Python installed and presumably in your OS %PATH%, you do not need to start your command with python. So just <mobidedrm.py book.prc newbook.prc PID>

So you 3 PID's registered? Seems like I recall that some people did have problems with more than 1 PID registered. But I don't recall all the details. You could try removing 2 of the 3 PID's and re-download and then try mobidedrm again.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #101
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
I have 5 PID registered and they work just fine.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:53 AM   #102
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by elece View Post
Version 2 doesn't work on some files, you need to go back to version 1. Or, you can find version .04 which is floating around... or there is a thread here somewhere that tells you how to modify version .02 to make it version .04.

BOb
Old 09-26-2008, 04:59 AM   #103
elece

Thank you. It finally worked in windows vista and mac leopard. I don't know if it was because of the modification in version .02 or what.
The thing is that the file is a dictionary (Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English, 12,9 MB) and the viewers I have in my iPhone are really for reading books, not searching dictionaries. In the mac version of Stanza it takes a long time to load and in the windows version it can't even finish loading. And then, of course, it cannot be used as a dictionary if you cannot do a word search. It is a pity because I really wanted to use mobipocket dictionaries on my iPhone. We'll have to wait till Mobipocket thinks the time has come.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:05 AM   #104
elece

Did I hear somewhere that the MobiDeDRM doesn't work with books bought from Mobipocket.com? I bought mine from ebookmall but I would also like to buy form mobipocket.com (especially because some of them are much cheaper).
Thank you
Old 09-26-2008, 06:29 AM   #105
fiosar
fiosar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Angry Igor's Script and Mobi format version: 4

Up until now I have been happily converting my Mobi.prc files from Fictionwise onto my Kindle, thanks to Igor.
However, I have just tried to kindlefix a recent purchase from Fictionwise and got the following failure message:

Encryption: 2
Mobi publication type: 2
Mobi format version: 4
PID doesn't match this file.

Has anyone else had this, and is there a way round it?

It looks like a more protected version.
Closed Thread