Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
maggieb5555
maggieb5555 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO, Aluratek Libre
Help! Purchased books not showing on reader

Hi everyone, Just purchaseda Kobo and bought a few epub books online...they show up on both the kobo app and ADE...but they dont show up on reader. When I view on my laptop folder view they are there.

I am so confused...the only books that show up are the pre loaded ones..I check settings on Kobo and I have tried checking show all and show just my books..nothing....

I have the latest software from what I can see ..it says revision 58 software version1.4 june 27 2010

any help greatfully appreciated!

Maggie
maggieb5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi Maggie,

If you open up the Kobo App and connect the eReader, you will see a 'sync' button on the bottom left hand side. Silly question, but have you clicked on sync to sync from the desktop app to the Kobo eReader?
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #3
maggieb5555

LOL...yep...synced til I am blue in the face! This is sooo frustrating.....
Old 07-09-2010, 11:00 PM   #4
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggieb5555 View Post
LOL...yep...synced til I am blue in the face! This is sooo frustrating.....
What happens when you try and sync it? Does it do anything?
Old 07-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #5
maggieb5555

Yes..it says it is syncing then it says its downloading each book (4 of them) and then they dont show up on reader but they are there because I can see them when I view files from PC
Old 07-09-2010, 11:12 PM   #6
SameerH
Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggieb5555 View Post
Yes..it says it is syncing then it says its downloading each book (4 of them) and then they dont show up on reader but they are there because I can see them when I view files from PC
very strange indeed.

Can you press menu > settings and then see if it has your email address listed there. If it does then it means it did sync with your account at least once.

Can you also check if you have an "I'm Reading" heading at the top of the screen?

Can you let me know one of the books you purchased?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get an idea of the situation.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:18 PM   #7
maggieb5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
very strange indeed.

Can you press menu > settings and then see if it has your email address listed there. If it does then it means it did sync with your account at least once.

Can you also check if you have an "I'm Reading" heading at the top of the screen?

Can you let me know one of the books you purchased?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get an idea of the situation.
No please keep asking questions! I appreciate the help..this is very strange and frustrating..yes it shows my email..The " I'm reading "just shows one book Huckelbery Finn...which I must have clicked when I first got reader....one of the books purchased is Nora Roberts Midnighty in Death....

.in case this matters I did have an SD card in with all my other non DRM books and I could read them no problem so I am thinking this may have something to do with ADE?? SD card is not in there right now....
Old 07-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #8
maggieb5555

Thanks so much for help..will touch base tomorrow.....

Maggie
Old 07-10-2010, 12:12 AM   #9
maggieb5555

Okay...I was searching the forums and found the member "cancan" who had same problem as me..he deleted the file koboreader.sqlite and reset to factory settings..it deleted the "free" books which I didn't want anyway..followed rest of his advise

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88957

and I am now just using adobe as my software and it works!!

Thanks cancan!!