Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-10-2015, 05:14 AM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
0.8.5 is better. It uses Qt5 which does fix a number of things over Qt4. Plus, you can use plugins and there are some posted on MR for Sigil. Also, 0.8.5 does come in a 64-bit version.
The plugins part is a valid reason. However ... the Qt4 vs Qt5 thing is completely irrelevant. The 0.7.x and 0.8.x versions of Sigil BOTH used Qt5.

The feature related differences between 0.7 and 0.8 are: Plugins and Preserve Entities. There have also been some crash-related bugs tracked down and fixed in 0.8.x.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:05 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post

Your method of installing looks really easy. Where do I put the downloaded Sigil file though? Or is it being in the Downloads folder sufficient?

Thanks and sorry about the indecision and possible shifting gears.
I just CD to the download folder, then ran the command as shown

(Now I need to learn how Mint makes a 'Menu' (shortcut) entry)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2015, 06:48 PM   #18
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Thanks guys! Worked perfectly! I got rid of my old Sigils. Ducks, thx for the Downloads tip. Diap, your download and install was so easy (thanks--easy is very good).

One minor-ish lingering question. Since I work on two (home and work) different computers with the same files, and since the one computer is 32 bit I couldn't put 0.8.5 on it. So I put 0.8.4 on it and on the 64 bit I put 0.8.4 (the 64 bit version) on it. I was thinking that is as compatible as I'm going to get. Would that be right?
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:42 PM   #19
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
One minor-ish lingering question. Since I work on two (home and work) different computers with the same files, and since the one computer is 32 bit I couldn't put 0.8.5 on it. So I put 0.8.4 on it and on the 64 bit I put 0.8.4 (the 64 bit version) on it. I was thinking that is as compatible as I'm going to get. Would that be right?
That's right for now. I really should make a 32-bit Linux package for 0.8.5, but I've just been plain lazy. Perhaps this will motivate me.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:46 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks guys! Worked perfectly! I got rid of my old Sigils. Ducks, thx for the Downloads tip. Diap, your download and install was so easy (thanks--easy is very good).

The only compatibility issues would be some specific plugin, possibility of a (bug fixed) feature behaving differently.
Sigil makes EPUB2 books. That has not changed.
Advert
Old 04-10-2015, 08:32 PM   #21
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
That's right for now. I really should make a 32-bit Linux package for 0.8.5, but I've just been plain lazy. Perhaps this will motivate me.
Yeah, yeah, get a move on, will ya?
Old 04-10-2015, 08:34 PM   #22
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The only compatibility issues would be some specific plugin, possibility of a (bug fixed) feature behaving differently.
Sigil makes EPUB2 books. That has not changed.
Plugins I don't use, but the possibilty of a feature behaving differently. Oh well, I'll just have to take my chances! Thanks ducks.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:58 PM   #23
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I just CD to the download folder, then ran the command as shown

(Now I need to learn how Mint makes a 'Menu' (shortcut) entry)
If using cinnamon click on Menu then right click on the app chose where you want the shortcut.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:16 PM   #24
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
If using cinnamon click on Menu then right click on the app chose where you want the shortcut.

bernie
Thanks,
turned out a reboot was all that was needed.
but I installed the 'alacarte' GUI tool for future adds