Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 05:47 AM   #376
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Modify ePub crashes in 0.9.19

I just installed 0.9.19 (don''t know if there is a connection or if this is just a coincidence), and now Modify ePub gives me the following error message:

calibre, version 0.9.19 (win32, isfrozen: True)
Failed to modify ePubs: Failed: Modify ePubs

Modify ePubs
Python function terminated unexpectedly
No module named fix (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 189, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 133, in arbitrary_n
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 150, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.jobs", line 14, in <module>
File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 22, in <module>
File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.container", line 20, in <module>
ImportError: No module named fix

I uninstalled the plugin, re-installed it and restarted Calibre, and I still get this error.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #377
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post

I just installed 0.9.19 (don''t know if there is a connection or if this is just a coincidence), and now Modify ePub gives me the following error message:
Kovid explains below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That will likely be because the epub.fix module was removed from calibre. I thought kiwidude had modified that module and used his own private version, but apparently that was only for Modify epub and not Quality check.
I had a look at both the QC and Modify ePub plugins and I was right, kiwidude is using his own private version of the epub.fix module, however, he still has a couple of import statements that he forgot to migrate, should be a simple two line fix.
Looks like Kiwidude has a little cleaning up to compensate for the removal of epub.fix from 0.9.19.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #378
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post

calibre, version 0.9.19 (win32, isfrozen: True)
Failed to modify ePubs: Failed: Modify ePubs
Yes - me too

I can do all of the things for which I've been using Modify with KG's new Polish Books - with one exception - "Remove cover"

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #379
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.3.7 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix for dependency on calibre code removed in 0.9.19
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #380
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Changes in this release:
  • Fix for dependency on calibre code removed in 0.9.19
That's quick! Thanks! You're the best!
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #381
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
With Polish now part of 0.9.19, would it be possible for Modify ePub to make use of the font subsetting in place? Then I would not have any need for Polish. Thanks!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #382
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
thanks

br
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #383
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@JSWolf - yeah it should me more practical now it has settled in. Just need to find some time to do it, getting too distracted by some ipad games lately...
Old 02-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #384
NicoLeOca
NicoLeOca began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Hi kiwidude,

I just installed your nice plugin, thanks a lot for that, very interesting one for those who are obsessively tidy.. :-)

I have one suggestion that would be very useful for me though.
Would it be possible to make an option where you can set the way it saves the ebooks?
By default, Calibre saves it like this : {author_sort}/{title}/{title} - {authors}
but it seems that your plugin saves it like this : {author}/{title}/{title} - {authors}
This preference could also be linked to Calibre preference, if it's possible.

However, this might be my youngness with Calibre that causes my problem... ;-)

Thanks anyway

Last edited by NicoLeOca; 02-20-2013 at 08:19 AM.
NicoLeOca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #385
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I think you must be confused - this plugin does not change the filename in Calibre in normal behaviour.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #386
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Apologies in advance for the vagueness to follow: I mostly use Modify ePub with 3 options checked (Remove Unused Image Files, Insert or Replace Cover, and Update Metadata). After Modify ePub finishes, I use Open With Sigil to check for other stuff I may want to fix. Occasionally, after running Modify ePub, when I open the book with Sigil all of the .html files have been rearranged in alphabetical order, which means "Epilogue" displays before "Preface", etc. I thought this might be a Sigil problem, but if I start from scratch with the original epub and use Calibre's "convert epub to epub" function, it doesn't seem to occur (nor does it occur if I run Modify ePub AFTER I run Calibre's conversion). I also tried using just one Modify ePub function at a time, and it doesn't occur. So I guess my questions are: 1) has anyone else seen this behavior (which I cannot duplicate reliably and which seems to occur randomly), and 2) do you think this is a problem with Sigil or with Modify ePub and how on earth can I track this down?
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #387
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
Apologies in advance for the vagueness to follow: I mostly use Modify ePub with 3 options checked (Remove Unused Image Files, Insert or Replace Cover, and Update Metadata). After Modify ePub finishes, I use Open With Sigil to check for other stuff I may want to fix. Occasionally, after running Modify ePub, when I open the book with Sigil all of the .html files have been rearranged in alphabetical order, which means "Epilogue" displays before "Preface", etc. I thought this might be a Sigil problem, but if I start from scratch with the original epub and use Calibre's "convert epub to epub" function, it doesn't seem to occur (nor does it occur if I run Modify ePub AFTER I run Calibre's conversion). I also tried using just one Modify ePub function at a time, and it doesn't occur. So I guess my questions are: 1) has anyone else seen this behavior (which I cannot duplicate reliably and which seems to occur randomly), and 2) do you think this is a problem with Sigil or with Modify ePub and how on earth can I track this down?
That happens in Sigil only when the OPF section is not well formed (Sigil 7 will raise a message when it does this)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #388
kiwidude

What the ducks says is spot on. However I am curious that you believe that runnin some Modify ePub functions is creating the issue and that it does not exist in the original ePub. If you ever hit this issue again, please PM me a link to the original ePub and the modified one along with as above what options you had ticked.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #389
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

<That happens in Sigil only when the OPF section is not well formed (Sigil 7 will raise a message when it does this)>

Aha, thank you. I will check the OPF of the original when it happens again. I always work on a copy, just in case, so I will be able to compare the two versions. Thanks so much. I just didn't know where to start looking.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #390
icallaci
Guru

<What the ducks says is spot on. However I am curious that you believe that runnin some Modify ePub functions is creating the issue and that it does not exist in the original ePub. If you ever hit this issue again, please PM me a link to the original ePub and the modified one along with as above what options you had ticked.>

Kiwidude, I didn't know what was causing the problem and didn't know where to start looking. I just noticed that it ONLY happened after I ran Modify ePub, but not when I ran Calibre's conversion program. Next time it happens, I'll look at the before and after OPFs to see what the difference is. TheDucks' answer makes complete sense to me. I'll post my findings (or if I can't figure it out, I'll PM you with links). Thanks. And thanks for Modify ePub, too. It makes cleaning up epubs less of a chore.

Tags
modify epub